Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel- Castlebar Town

• 25-01-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭

Looking for a hotel or good guesthouse in the town for 20th Feb. Don't want to stray too far from the centre of town , if possible. Did try a few places, but one was two night MINIMUM(in a recession, in february) and other is booked out, while some guesthouses, B&Bs are closed till later in the season. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Try either Days Hotel or the Welcome Inn Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

but one was two night MINIMUM(in a recession, in february)

Crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Days Hotel had the 2 day rule. Does anyone have a number for The Welcome Inn. Where is it in the town. Far from the Royal Theatre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Wouldnt really recommend the Welco, its a bit run down and is the main late night venue so v noisy at night. Its the other end of town than the TF. There are a few B&Bs on the Westport road roundabout near the TF, not sure of the names though. Carragh house b&b is just down the road from the Welco, looks nice & modern. The Rose garden and the Greenbay are just on the Mall so very close to TF and town. There is a list in the Castlebar business directory here -http://www.castlebar.ie/yeller/yeller/_db2/yeller-results.asp
    Beware though as from looking at it alot of these are either closed down or a good bit out of town bar the ones i have mentioned

Thanks Samhain. Got a friend of a friend who knows someone that would normally be closed right now, to put us up for the night... phew! I have say that accomadation is badly advertised in the town, but looking forward to the night out there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Damn you going to Dara O'Briain!:mad: Was sold out when I wanted to get tickets!! :P

Damn you going to Dara O'Briain! Was sold out when I wanted to get tickets!!
    Ah...Sorry bout that. Know how you feel. But in fairness to your local hoteliers, they did a damn good job trying to keep me away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Hmmmm

Disappointing to hear about your experience. In recession, you'd think they'd be making it as easy as possible to take a wee bit of your money from you.

Castlebar used to be Really Really badly fixed for hotel accommodation in terms of quality and quantity, now its just bad, in particular, given its the county town. Smaller towns including Claremorris and Kiltimagh have surpassed it by a mile!

Advertisement