Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eutelsat W2

• 25-01-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi again.
    On Eutelsat W2 at 16.o east, there is a listing on King-of-Sat for CBS standby.
    Is it ever activated??
    Is it used frequuently and if so, what time are programmes shown on it.
    Many Thanks:pac:

Eutelsat W2 (16.0E) - 11177.00 H - 5632 3/4 - CBS-NY STBY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It shows the Late Show with David Letterman, Sky UNO picks up the feed from there.

Also shows some news stuff. Nothing else that I know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Thanks for that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

its on 15 west as well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dxhound2003

This is from another forum posted at 8.53 pm 27 January. I didn't check it myself.

Eutelsat W-2 is down at 16 east no signals here may be a power failure ?
    Eurobird 16 is still operational at 16 east.
    More news later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is from another forum posted at 8.53 pm 27 January. I didn't check it myself.

Eutelsat W-2 is down at 16 east no signals here may be a power failure ?
    Eurobird 16 is still operational at 16 east.
    More news later.

Yes, I was getting no signal from the SuperSport channels last night during the football. Still not getting anything this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

I found this on another site. According to the site they are moving Eutelsat Sesat at 17 east to 16 east to cover the downed Satelitte. It could take upto 48 hours. Good news in all this is Digi Albania HD-1 & EuroSport HD on 10719V 27500 are FTA at the moment. Anyway here is the press release:
    EUTELSAT STATEMENT ON W2 SATELLITE
    Paris, 28 January 2010
    Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) confirms that a technical anomaly occurred in the
    evening of January 27 on the W2 satellite located at 16° East. This incident is under full
    investigation by Eutelsat in collaboration with the satellite's manufacturer, Thales Alenia Space.
    Immediate actions have been taken in parallel in order to propose alternative capacity to all
    customers affected by the anomaly, and services are progressively being restored.

Advertisement