Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where in Galway cake icing?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Getting married - got the cake (your standard fruit cake), all we need is for someone to put decorative icing on it. The cake maker can't do it. Apparently it could have been down in westside but they are no longer in business.

Anyone know anywhere else we can get it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Griffins bakery used to do it and i'd assume most bakers would for a handsome fee

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hmm, don't know anywhere that would Ice an already made cake and it not be stupid expensive...

Do you know anyone who would do it as a favour / present? You can get the roll out icing in the supermarket.

I know when I was getting married a lot of people bought the M&S pre-iced cakes and stacking them.

Was the cake you have made by a baker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sugarplum4

Hi Sniipe, I thought I would offer my services. I worked for some time in a Dublin bakery decorating cakes. I have made and decorated many cakes, some wedding and some novelty. I'm now living in Galway and would be happy to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

When is the wedding? Are you just looking for standard almond and sugar paste icing? These ingredients themselves are expensive to buy, sometimes the cake itself is the cheapest part and hence the cost of getting them iced.

If you're looking to cut costs I might be able to help you out, am also in Galway, feel free to PM me.

Advertisement