Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shed??

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

As of today our slurry pit is full of water, while the land is still to wet to even attempt spreading. We have been thinking about building a slatted shed for some time and the best location is over the existing slurry pit.

I was just wondering has anyone any memories thoughts or advice. The pit is 50' x 50' and we were looking at a 3 bay double.

we would like to have a

cubicle area at the back for cows to lie on. 6'6''
    slatted area of 12'6''
    passage way for feeding 12'
    slatted area 12'6''
    cubicles 6'6''

(roughly)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

first thoughts are cubicle beds are now generally 7 ft which you will need if they are facing a wall.

Centre passage at 12 ft seems narrow if that is to include 2 feeding areas

im sure you will get other input but thats my initial thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

not much capacity with 12'6" slats, if your land is too wet to spread considering we have had little rain in the last few weeks, I would looking for more storage

Advertisement