Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting reply after I submitted work suitability tests

Options
  • 25-01-2010 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

This has happened to me a number of times, and I thought that if I haven't got a reply, then I just wasn't good enough, However, some guy in New York took this way further: e-snub

I just wonder, is it an offence for an employer or HR team not to reply to you about application?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is great, I should try this out! I'm currently waiting to hear back after a job interview. I was promised a speedy response a month ago and have heard nothing...I'm not holding my breath either.

Last job I went for was the same thing. Heard nothing for a month and finally saw that they had a 'revised' job spec up on their website, so I emailed for an update only to be told that while I was 'great', I didn't have what they were looking for.

I politely informed them that it was manners to let the applicants who had taken precious time off work to attend the interview AND submit their practical test know BEFORE they put the new job spec up and leaving us to figure it out for ourselves.

The job interview before that was even worse. Neither of the interviewers bothered to introduce themselves. The 'interview' was amateurish at best. They asked me about 4 basic questions before sending me off to do an excruciatingly badly put together and vague practical test.

During the entire test the female interviewer stood behind me and gossiped and shouted and laughed and F'd and blinded with her work buddies so I could barely hear myself think. I made a good effort in the circumstances too.

When I was leaving I held my hand out to shake the interviewer's hand. He just stared at it as though I was an alien before staring at the door and saying nothing at all. I got the hint.

I was then given the PFO over the phone by the surly male interviewer who told me my practical test was 'the problem' before being abruptly hung up on. No sh*t.

Basic manners are sadly lacking in the recruitment process it seems.

Advertisement