Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: FSA K Wing Road Bar (Ergo Bend)

• 25-01-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Asking price: €90

Reason for sale: These were too narrow, bought a new set of 42cm bars from here.

Description:

Full carbon road bars with flat top section and ergo bend.

Width = 40cm
    Drop = 145mm
    Reach = 90mm

Suitable for a 31.8mm stem clamp.

I liked these bars, apart from the width issue. I thought I could get away with narrower bars but this has not been the case. Bought at the end of August last year, I believe these are the 08 road bars. They retailed for close to 200 euro, I have found similar on ebay with a “buy it now” price of 180 euro from various sellers, so I think 90 euro is a fair price. They are in immaculate condition, never crashed or dropped and there are absolutely no marks, not even any clearcoat nicks. I would describe them as “showroom condition”.

I have to stress that any potential buyers should google a bit about these bars and read user reviews. They are very much the “marmite” of handlebars; if you like them you will love them but if you don’t like non-classic designs then I would say don’t bother. I found the tops took a while to get used to, but once I did they were quite comfortable. Your hands have a much larger area to rest on as opposed to standard cylindrical tops.

They also have internal cable routing. This keeps things nice and tidy but can be quite frustrating to install. I don’t have the “campagnolo” adapters which allow 2 cables to pass through, but you can just remove the shimano tabs.

Any interested parties should really see them first before buying, just to be sure they are for you. As I said, they are 40cm wide, but actually narrower at the hoods section, so if you like to ride on the hoods a lot then they will feel a bit narrower.

I am based in South Dublin, can deliver for free within Dublin, postage negotiable.

I strongly recommend using carbon assembly compound and a torque wrench when installing.

103491.JPG
    103492.JPG
    103493.JPG
    103496.JPG

The object in the images is just a screwdriver I used to balance the bars for the pics, in case anyone was wondering!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Actual weight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Just weighed them on the kitchen scales there (this actually involved putting the scales on my laptop and perching them both on the corner of a table so I could get the bars to sit ONLY on the scales, thanks Lumen ;)).

Weight came in as 240g on the button after 3 measurements. Not sure what the "official" weight was. They are reasonably light, but they are not the stiffest by any means, there is a certain degree of flex present. They are very comfy compared to my Oval aluminium bars that I had.

EDIT: These guys say 240g for the 40cm version, what are the odds? I'll check weight weenies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Brilliant, thanks. Probably not light enough for me to bother changing out my current alloy bars (40cm "FSA Energy New Ergo Road Bar 2009", claimed 248g, actually 280g).

FSA are a bunch of liars when it comes to weight.

They do look real purdy though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Been riding with K-wing carbon bars for the last few years - they're comfortable too!

Did you wrap them like regular bars Che? I saw a lot of folk stopped wrapping them after the hoods, to show off the shape of the tops and the decals...but I found they looked just as good wrapped as normal...more comfy too.

Also, Lumen...I dunno, 40g...that's an awful lot of weight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you could stretch these out to 42cm and change the drop shape to an compact round one I'd take them off your hands.

blorg wrote: »
    If you could stretch these out to 42cm and change the drop shape to an compact round one I'd take them off your hands.

Those ones are being fitted as we speak :)

Actually, I have found there is a slight dip in my setup, there is a height difference of 5mm between each side of the bars. None of my spacers are "wedged" and it's such a small difference...but it's doing my head in! I think it might be my crappy stem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Those ones are being fitted as we speak :)

Actually, I have found there is a slight dip in my setup, there is a height difference of 5mm between each side of the bars. None of my spacers are "wedged" and it's such a small difference...but it's doing my head in! I think it might be my crappy stem.
    That is very bizarre, how are you measuring the height difference? Sure it's not measuring error.

blorg wrote: »
    That is very bizarre, how are you measuring the height difference? Sure it's not measuring error.

Just with a tape measure. I measured along several points, it's perpendicular to the floor and every time it's 5mm +/- 1mm. What's weird is now I can see it when I look at them, they sit there all skewed...mocking me.

Oh, I have your wheels, I can drop them up tonight when I pick my brother up from school. I think he gets picked up around 7:15, will have to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Did you wrap them like regular bars Che? I saw a lot of folk stopped wrapping them after the hoods, to show off the shape of the tops and the decals...but I found they looked just as good wrapped as normal...more comfy too.

Also, Lumen...I dunno, 40g...that's an awful lot of weight :)

No I wrapped them up leaving the tops bare - never had a problem with comfort for the lack of tape though and even though you might think that they'd be slippy in the rain I never found them to be (kind defies sense).

Getting cabling through them can be fun though - was running Nokon cabling before I got them, fitting was a colossal PITA and then they rattled like heck but since fitting normal cables (not requiring the patience of a particularly patient saint) they've been fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭tsamba

hi Dirk,

i'l offer you €60 for the bars!

cheers

Hi Tsamba,

they are already pretty heavily discounted, the lowest I can go is 80 euro and they can be dropped to you if you're in Dublin.

Hi Tsamba,

they are already pretty heavily discounted, the lowest I can go is 80 euro and they can be dropped to you if you're in Dublin.

how about €80 posted as i'm not in dublin in clare :)

Tsamba,

Just checked postage and due to the size of the box I would need to fit them and protect them, it would cost at least 10 euro by registered post. I'll have to decline your offer as, like I said, 80 is as low as I'm willing to go on these.

I also think that 80 is a pretty good price for anyone else who might be interested, I'll leave them up until sunday.

Tsamba,

Just checked postage and due to the size of the box I would need to fit them and protect them, it would cost at least 10 euro by registered post. I'll have to decline your offer as, like I said, 80 is as low as I'm willing to go on these.

I also think that 80 is a pretty good price for anyone else who might be interested, I'll leave them up until sunday.

i'l offer you €80 so if you post them!

Sorry, that should read 80 euro excluding postage is as low as I can go.

no bother i'l leave them!

Right, last call on this before I take the ad down. 80 euro (excl. delivery) but now I'm willing to listen to offers (not crazy ones, I will consider genuine offers).

Right, letting these go for 60 euro (excl. Delivery, should be ~ 10 euro to anywhere in Ireland). Perfect condition, very comfy bars, 40cm width and they even come in a little FSA cloth bag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Ok u got yourself a deal for 60€. I m also based in South Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Next in line if that falls through or whatever

Ok, Trevor's offer accepted, Aidan next.

SOLD to Trevor. Best of luck with them!

Advertisement