Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending to Canon for repair?

• 25-01-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever send a camera to Canon for repair? Whats the procedure, where do you have to send it? Any idea of the costs? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

I got my 40D repaired a while ago.
    Brought it to ISS in Camden Row.
    Great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ladgie353 wrote: »
    I got my 40D repaired a while ago.
    Brought it to ISS in Camden Row.
    Great service.
    I've bought from them before and called about servicing costs but haven't got a reply... annoyed actually because I need a new focusing sensor!

How much was the service and how long did it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

steve06 wrote: »
    I've bought from them before and called about servicing costs but haven't got a reply... annoyed actually because I need a new focusing sensor!

How much was the service and how long did it take?

Doing a search of this company brings back countless horror stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Any repairs, I've dealt directly with Canon UK. Great service unlike ISS and none of the unnecessary middleman costs either.

Covey wrote: »
    Any repairs, I've dealt directly with Canon UK. Great service unlike ISS and none of the unnecessary middleman costs either.

Got a link or an address where i can contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

This company has been recommended to me - but I haven't needed to use them yet (luckily !) :

http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

gs39t wrote: »
    Doing a search of this company brings back countless horror stories.

I got a camera and lens repaired there, well they actually sent it over to Canon UK. they were covered by warranty too
    but when it came to finding out about the gear they had for sale and prices I couldnt get in touch with the guy who covers that and he never returned my calls. they dont even list their secondhand stock on the website!

the guy doesnt seem very motivated at all! they have good prices for lens and body rental, much cheaper than conns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

If you have a warranty and live in Dublin the easiest thing to do is drop it into ISS, wont cost you any money, they send it on to Canon. you collect it from ISS when its sent back to them fixed.

what kind of repair is it you need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

I got my 20D repaired a while ago.
    Brought it to ISS. It was the shutter button that had developed a fault. They quoted me 200 euro, when I went to collect it they said it was 550 euro and wouldn't accept anything less. I could have bought a new camera for that price and they told me it was just the shutter button and electronics around it that were replaced

I would NEVER again use ISS.

I've also sent an american bought camera back to Canon in New Jersey and it cost less for insured postage for me both ways about (100 euro) plus shutter replacement (about 220 dollars) than ISS quoted me

DotOrg wrote: »
    I got my 20D repaired a while ago.
    Brought it to ISS. It was the shutter button that had developed a fault.

Exactly the same problem im looking to get fixed :( Button doesnt respond half the time anymore. I'll be staying away from ISS after reading all this

• Advertisement

Canon are pretty efficient though, ISS not so imo.

You'll need to send the camera before you'll get a quote.

Canon Regional Competence Centre (RCC)

Unit 130 Centennial Park
    Centennial Avenue
    Elstree
    Hertfordshire
    WD6 3SE

+44 (0)844 369 0100 option 1 and then option 3
    email cci_servicecentre@cuk.canon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have to get the 5d fixed (insurance) so dropping into ISS for a quote tomorrow. Big crack in the body around the mount but still hanging in together. I will let you know what the service is like.

Borderfox wrote: »
    I have to get the 5d fixed (insurance) so dropping into ISS for a quote tomorrow. Big crack in the body around the mount but still hanging in together. I will let you know what the service is like.

Expensive is the answer.

Expect to pay the Canon price plus outrageous transport there and back (to UK) plus the hefty ISS mark-up. Why anyone pays this and doesn't deal with Canon direct beats me. The insurance paid out on mine twice using Canon direct.

Advertisement