Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free sensor cleaning until 28th. February 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

my canon could do with a clean.. so what do we have to do?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

god mines NEVER ben cleaned, 4 years now... any purchases needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

What if we called ahead and arranged to arrive en masse? :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

They're not too far from me. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll pop in and see what happens......watch this space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Their site is a mess. Errors all over the place !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It is only free blow job using arctic butterfly, or whatever it is. It is not worth it in my opinion, because it is not wet clean. I will wait for next visit to ISS ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

ThOnda wrote: »
    It is only free blow job using arctic butterfly, or whatever it is. It is not worth it in my opinion, because it is not wet clean. I will wait for next visit to ISS ;)

It's a combination of artic butterfly and then a wet clean.

They do it for me about one a month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Canon only, or will they clean a Nikon gratis too?

ThOnda wrote: »
    It is only free blow job

Eh.....think I might just go along. Never one to miss such an opportunity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

I was speaking to them today before this thread came up.

Its a full clean of the sensor, the idea behind it is that they show you how its done and then if you want you can buy the kit and do it yourself in the future.

I think they do most makes mines a Sony and they can do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

I was speaking to them today before this thread came up.

Its a full clean of the sensor, the idea behind it is that they show you how its done and then if you want you can buy the kit and do it yourself in the future.

I think they do most makes mines a Sony and they can do that.

Any idea how much the kit costs? Might try to get in if its not too expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Great spot cheers for posting.. Nice €50 saving. Have been out at DML once before, great selection of studio gear..

Just back from DML and had my sensor looked at. It actually didn't need cleaning when it was examined under the loupe. The chap gave it a quick blow and it's fine. He showed me how to use the kit and it looks fairly painless. It's not particularly cheap but well worth it if you were a pro.

Nice bunch of lads and a lovely selection of kit - lighting, camera etc - all aimed at the pro market. They also run regular seminar/workshops on studio lighting so worth getting on their mailing list.

They did give me an invitation to the ProFoto show in the Green Isle Hotel on 9th & 10th of Feb between 10am - 5pm.

They also have a facebook page for any of you who are interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

...It's not particularly cheap but well worth it if you were a pro...

How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Swabs and liquid only probably cost you approx 60euro.
    But you can purchase Loupe (which is a magnifying ligt to inspect sensor) and artic Butterfly brush. Full kit could cost you 250 euro.
    But the guys will clean your sensor if it is required and that includes wet clean for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

I think the guy said the full kit works out at €195

Advertisement