Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to hang a door?

• 25-01-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

I have 4 internal veneer doors that need hanging and would be interested to know a ballpark figure that I should expect to pay per door before I start getting quotes...they may need to be planed a bit to fit...Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alpha10

shuvly wrote: »
    I have 4 internal veneer doors that need hanging and would be interested to know a ballpark figure that I should expect to pay per door before I start getting quotes...they may need to be planed a bit to fit...Ta.

If there standard internal doors about 60-70 euro per single door. 180 for double doors, more if they have to be rebated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

In other words, buy a drill. €70 per door? Outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Alpha10

sdonn wrote: »
    In other words, buy a drill. €70 per door? Outrageous.

OP asked for a ballpark figure, that's a ballpark figure. I'm sure thay can get someone cheaper who'll plane there doors with a drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Have just had first visit for quote..240 euros to plane the doors, place the handles and hang 4 doors, also to put some upstand all round my kitchen countertop..waiting for a few more to visit..

Advertisement