Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic Extreme - A Fat tyred race around Ireland

• 25-01-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Another of todays threads places 1km on MTB offroad equivalent to 2km on a road bike rolling on tarmac.

Assuming this rule of thumb is right then THIS will be a fair challenge for anyone who takes it on. Looks like it's nearly all based in munster but for the knobbly tire inclined it could be a good one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mockler will win it, deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

* Single Track: 16%
    * Double Track & Fire Road: 48%
    * Asphalt: 36%

Not worth the money I reckons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Asphalt 36%.

Given the state of some of Kerrys roads at present they may as well be off road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

ROK ON wrote: »
    Asphalt 36%.

Given the state of some of Kerrys roads at present they may as well be off road.

You've seen the state of the Kenmare to Cork Road then - Like the Somme ~c.1916. except those aren't trenches, they're potholes! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lumen wrote: »
    Mockler will win it, deffo.
    I'd like to see Tonto try this one on a road bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 eoin9288

Does anybody know if this race is actually on or not? No results anywhere and website looking fairly dormant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

I heard it was cancelled due to insufficient entries. Don't know anything more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

At €485 (cheapest price) to cycle 425km that is some price. Tbh this forum was the only place I saw mention of it, shame if it didnt go ahead apart from the price looks fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Gavin wrote: »
    * Single Track: 16%
    * Double Track & Fire Road: 48%
    * Asphalt: 36%

Not worth the money I reckons

I would be interested in doing a race of this type and legnth but the amount of asphalt and double track is just too much to justify the price.

As a mountain biker i would much prefer a weekend race that was based in a different area each day with all the racing on singletrack and fireroads.

Still though, pity it didnt go ahead.

Advertisement