Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sg1 ending *no spoilers please*

Options
  • 25-01-2010 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've watched a good few episodes in no particular order and decided to watch the whole thing. Just want to know does the series end well. I mean does it finish up or wrap up some sort of story/plot well or does it just....end.

Does it continue in stargate universe. Also what of stargate Atlantis. From what i know of it (which is very little) it seemed like a pretty poor spin off but correct me if i'm wrong. Would it be worth watching? I've tried not to look online for the answers from fear of spoilers as i'd normally try google this before i ask.

Please do not include spoilers of any kind. Simply it does/not wraps up well in the end and the story is or is not a continuation would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

It wraps up in a DVD movie. The final season itself doesn't close off the main arc, but it is finished up quite nicely in the movie (as was the intention when they finished up the series).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Stargate SG-1 is a very good show to watch from the start. The first season is a bit dated now but when you get through that it gets better. It takes itself less serious as the years go on and becomes very enjoyable to watch. It finishs off the story line by the end of the series+dvd movies but its a bit hurried for my liking.

Stargate Atlantis's origins are a part of SG-1's later seasons when they start to look for the lost city of Atlantis and then of course it has its own show. This show is well worth a watch if you liked SG-1 but you wont need to use your brain at all. The storyline and bad guys don't offer much but it does give you cool technology to keep you interested.

Stargate Universe is a different animal all together. Its adult sci-fi. So far so good in my opinion but some Stargate fans aren't convinced with the change in mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

yeah i remember seeing 1 or 2 of Atlantis

• Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They do a fair job of tying loose ends but leave themselves plenty of space to open it back up for movies and new series, like Universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Shame they dont show the scenes where O'Neill gets addicted to KFC between Continuim and Universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,474 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You mean when he retires doesnt keep trim and up with his acting regimen and age makes his face sag?

800px-Richard_Dean_Anderson_Comic_Con_2008.jpg

Happens to the best of us. The guy just turned 60 2 weeks ago. Cut him some slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

was expecting something a bit more dramatic but was still a pretty nice ending. It turns out i'd already seen the last episode before but out of order. Now for Atlantis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I think it would have been much better to have in the final episode
    O'Neill, not Landry should have commanded the ship and then O'Neill and Carter could have finally gotten together, not Daniel and Vala; can you imagine after finally getting together making the decision to turn back the clock and erase it all. That would have been an ending!

Advertisement