Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"American style" breakfasts in Dublin city?

Options
  • 25-01-2010 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know any restaurants that does nice big American-style breakfasts/brunches in town? I'm having a day out soon and would love to go for a sitdown meal to get the day going...pancakes, waffles, lovely omelettes, etc. Yum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hmm - I think the best option might be brunch on a Sat/Sunday. I don't know if anywhere really does much of a brunch during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Eddie Rockets do bacon and pancakes. No idea what it's like, but I've been in one for a fry before, and it was surprisingly good/well priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

Yeah I would like to know this too.

It seems odd that America's "cultural imperialism" has not gone past the McD's stage - we had burgers before.

an American breakfast has to have the waffles, the syrup, the eggs done over easy or sunny side up, hashbrowns, and their streaky bacon. Or a combination thereof.

And sourdough bread would be an added plus. Plus bottomless coffee.

Not just good but good for ya, to tell a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

olaola wrote: »
    Hmm - I think the best option might be brunch on a Sat/Sunday. I don't know if anywhere really does much of a brunch during the week.

It will be a Sunday. I was thinking of Odessa off George's Street or else Gotham Cafe off Grafton St. They're not exactly what I was looking for but the best options I've come up with so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Gruel on Dame street did American style pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon last time I was there. Don't know if they still do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Green 19 and M&S do brunchey menus on the weekends too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Gruel on Dame street did American style pancakes with maple syrup and crispy bacon last time I was there. Don't know if they still do.
    Oh I'd say that would be nyom. They do fantastic food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Avoca Cafe on Suffolk Street do some nice American-style breakfasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ben_Kav

Metro Cafe on South William Street do a good American breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Ben_Kav wrote: »
    Metro Cafe on South William Street do a good American breakfast

Was just about to say. Metro's probably your best bet, great place too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement