Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 point linkage pallet forks

• 25-01-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Anyone know where i can get 3 point linkage pallet forks or am i as well making them up myself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

if you get them on a high lift frame you can load trailers .
    you will need ballast weights on the front though.

http://www.alexander-mills.co.uk/stock/tractor_loaders_forklifts/18288.jpg

http://www.alexander-mills.co.uk/pmenu.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I made one up myself, cost me a half box of welding rods. I got the forks for free, they were being dumped at the time. Welded 2 channels onto the back of an old hay buckrake. Very handy. I use it more than I thought I would.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

was just thinking of something like a bale lifter, need to move pallets about a yard and maybe onto a flat bed car/jeep trailer. i guess a hydraulic top link will keep the forks level for that.

Any input greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

pakalasa wrote: »
    I made one up myself, cost me a half box of welding rods. I got the forks for free, they were being dumped at the time. Welded 2 channels onto the back of an old hay buckrake. Very handy. I use it more than I thought I would.:D

stick up some pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

we have a modified forklift mast for back of tractor hasnt been used in good while some the rollers bit seized but freeable ,just takeing up room good pm for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

This is what i am looking for, masted attachments are too expensive for what i need. Any ideas of who makes them here? These are from Holland

20140705_sm.jpg

26141844_sm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Well I made up my own one for moving pallets, managed to get my hands on a broken Mc Hale bale handler for free, and made it up from that. The lower link mounting points are the tipping hinges from and old KP trailer and the top link mount points from a yard scraper, only had to pay for welding rods and had it made in three hours.

DSCF1661.jpg

DSCF1662.jpg

Each tine can hold the weight of a wet round bale of silage, so it will lift quite a bit of weight, although I use it on a small tractor anyway, so capacity isn't a problem, Its very handy for pallets as the tines are much smaller than forks, so its easy to use, but I use it for so much else. Can load stuff on and off a flat bed ifor williams trailer with it too, move concrete pipes effortlessly, loads of fencing material, ESB poles etc.... Best thing I ever made really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Got around to taking snaps of the pallet fork I made.
    The second one shows how the fork slides along the channel. The bottom is the opposite way around, with the grip of the fork facing up on the lower channel.

Advertisement