Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Tractor with a Creeper Gearbox

• 25-01-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭

Well lads,

I had a beat up turf hopper which was lying around the shed for a few years, I have been repairing it for the last year or so but I need a tractor with a creeper gearbox to run it, I have been thinking about a New Holland TS 115. I have plenty of bog and have been using the contractors to cut plots of turf for sale and the tractor I have a Massey 4270 is in need of replacing BUT how is the New Holland for farm work like loading, silage, slurry etc and what are the New Holland’s like to operate etc.

Any other suggestions are welcome and if ye need more details I will do my best

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 deerekane

06 tm130
    4000hrs
    1 owner
    creeper box
    looks good
    www.johnston.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

deerekane wrote: »
    06 tm130
    4000hrs
    1 owner
    creeper box
    looks good
    www.johnston.ie

do you work for johnstons ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I'm glad of the replies lads but I'm wondering what ye think of new Holland for general work, I'm getting a bit of negative feedback regarding new Holland’s and there have been a few comments on the thread hear about Zetors. Anything else ye might recommend I have no intention of going contacting with the hopper as it only 4 sod, I'd have the intention of spending 4 or 5 days cutting myself and selling plots, paying the contractors almost takes the good out of it at the moment and I need a new tractor anyway. I had the idea to buy a new one altogether.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

deerekane wrote: »
    06 tm130
    4000hrs
    1 owner
    creeper box
    looks good
    www.johnston.ie

How you know its an 06?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I have had a lot of experience with new hollands and i like them alot. I used mostly a TM150. I used it for spreading slurry, bailing ,wrapping, bale carrying and other work like pulling the low loader.

I find them very comfortable and reliable and very easy to use. Along with Hurlimann (reliablity outstanding) they are my favourite tractor.

Maybe you should try one out and see if you like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement