Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing spoiling games.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sabre0002

Some games do go to extremes alright. Have avoided anything regarding Bioshock 2 myself because of the first game...Don't want anything to impact on that feeling. So, have to avoid reading games mags and the videos on the XBox Dashboard - I've managed to convince myself that Bioshock 2 is a completely different setting than it actually seems to be as a result :D

I'm gone so anti-game marketing that I've created my own alternative game complete with it's own marketing campaign in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm afraid to read the link now but I assume that in the course of advertising a game that there are some serious spoilers being given away, either in trailers or in review videos.

I don't read reviews or watch trailers because of a few reasons. Spoliers is definitely one. Hype can ruin a game, they build it up so much and then the actual game is nowhere near expectations. I don't trust the opinions of reviewers. A lot of game sites are terribly designed and look like sh1t (petty I know) and finally I want to experience all the features of the game sitting in front of the console and TV as opposed to on a poor quality youtube video.

While not specifically marketing related, I hate DLC, that is all.

Advertisement