Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wolves v Liverpool thread [Mod Warning Post #1, #232, #255]

• 25-01-2010 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Lads, I'm not going to spend all night tidying up this thread, so any further off-topic posting here is a 1 week ban for any and all offenders

right lads post whenever. Stevie G may be ready for tomorrow night. Stills from last game below along with all the match stats. Things starting to look up for us.

Tuesday, 26 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Wolverhampton v Liverpool, 19:45

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/wolves-v-lfc-pre-match-pack

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

right lads post whenever. Stevie G may be ready for tomorrow night. Stills from last game below along with all the match stats. Things starting to look up for us.

Tuesday, 26 January 2010
    Barclays Premier League
    Wolverhampton v Liverpool, 19:45

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/features/wolves-v-lfc-pre-match-pack

I'm a bit torn on the Stevei G issue: we played well and won without him, but if he's in an apathetic mood, would he be better off on the subs bench?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Is this one on TV?

Post whenever? :confused:

Anyway, I think it will be a tricky game for us but if we can play like we did against Spurs we will take this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

doesnt seem to be on sky sports.
    this a good link if anyone wants to bookmark it for this weeks listings.
    http://www.ireland.com/stayingin/whatsontv/tvlistings/?cmpid=servicesmod_tvlistings

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Post whenever? :confused:

Anyway, I think it will be a tricky game for us but if we can play like we did against Spurs we will take this.
    Yeah post at your earliest convenience. Martin Kelly back training which is very good news.

• Advertisement

Yeah post at your earliest convenience. Martin Kelly back training which is very good news.

Fair enough.

Great news re Kelly.

Fair enough.

Great news re Kelly.
    Rafa also intimated in press conference that Gerrard is very close to coming back as well. What needs to happen for us to be back in top four. Who else is playing tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I dont understand peoples attitude towards Gerrard. If he is fit, he should play. He has been such an important players for us through the years, often dragging the team through periods of bad form single handedly. Now, when the team is bad form and he isnt doing the business people want him dropped or as some have suggested, sold ? It just goes to show how high he has set the bar for himself. As he currently has 5 goals and 5 assists from 17 appearances, which isnt too bad considering he has been playing through injury and has also spent a fair amount of time on the sidelines. He also has 2 goals in his last 4 games in all competitions, one of which he only played 45 minutes in.

This would be my team. Maxi or Kuyt could start on the bench with N'Gog leading the line also.

Reina

Degen---Carra---Skrtel----Aurelio

Masch---Aquilani

Maxi
    Gerrard
    Riera

Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Rafa also intimated in press conference that Gerrard is very close to coming back as well. What needs to happen for us to be back in top four. Who else is playing tomorrow night?

Spurs v Fulham

We win and they don't and we are 4th.

Tusky wrote: »
    I dont understand peoples attitude towards Gerrard. If he is fit, he should play. He has been such an important players for us through the years, often dragging the team through periods of bad form single handedly. Now, when the team is bad form and he isnt doing the business people want him dropped or as some have suggested, sold ? It just goes to show how high he has set the bar for himself. As he currently has 5 goals and 5 assists from 17 appearances, which isnt too bad considering he has been playing through injury and has also spent a fair amount of time on the sidelines. He also has 2 goals in his last 4 games in all competitions, one of which he only played 45 minutes in.

This would be my team. Maxi or Kuyt could start on the bench with N'Gog leading the line also.

Reina

Masch---Aquilani

Maxi
    Gerrard
    Riera

Kuyt

I like the look of that team

• Advertisement

do you not think the greek did enough in last game to stay in first eleven. Think there is a very strong case for including him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I think the Greek will start for a few reasons. Wolves will be putting a lot of high balls in. I just don't see Degen starting at RB, which means carra will likely be out there, and with Agger injured, Skrtel and Greek have to be the CB's.

I'm ok with that though, he's done well and deserves his spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Diggy78

Reina

Masch---Aquilani

Maxi
    Gerrard
    Riera

Kuyt

Great post re Gerrard, I too believe the reaction to his form is a bit rich. The man is a legend, we'd have been out of the top 4 for the past few years (maybe not last year) and we'd be trophy less under Rafa without Stevie. He'll be back, give the lad a break.

Like the look of that team too, but would imagine Degan will be wide right, Aqua on the bench, Lucas in midfield. If we weren't in the current mess I'd say Rafa'd go for the team above but he's definitely going for the 'difficult to beat' approach first and foremost over the past few games imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In responce to the Gerrard form, yes, over the years, he has, but this season, he's been off form. He hasn't been anywhere near 100% for the bulk of the season.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

What would dropping Gerrard acheive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

who said he should be dropped? i think people are more discussing does he need to be rushed back. he doesn't imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

A nice win here would do wonders!

Come on the Pool!

Aquilani to bag one!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    who said he should be dropped? i think people are more discussing does he need to be rushed back. he doesn't imo.
    Ikky Poo2
    I'm a bit torn on the Stevei G issue: we played well and won without him, but if he's in an apathetic mood, would he be better off on the subs bench?

I agree he shouldn't be rushed back if he's not 100% but apart from that Gerrard should play anytime he's available.

has he ever not? bar the odd game where he's rested. he has been a bit moody this year to be honest, which i do think rubs of on some of his team mates, he'll still always start though

has he ever not? bar the odd game where he's rested. he has been a bit moody this year to be honest, which i do think rubs of on some of his team mates, he'll still always start though

No but some are suggesting he should be dropped or shouldn't start which i think is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The notion of gerrard being dropped is rediculous.
    There is so much expected of him so when he doesn't perform as we know he can people say he's terrible.
    Well IMO a terrible gerrard still contributes more than most of our current squad plus the fact that when He is omitted it gives the opposition a wee lift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

need 3 points here. more of what we were like against spurs. dont want another banana skin

reckon we'll get;

.....................Reina.....................
    Carra......Skrtel.....Kyriakos...Insua
    ..........Mascherano...Lucas.............
    Degen...........Gerrard..............Riera
    ......................Kuyt......................

looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Derek Kuyt 11/2 first goalscorer. bit of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Personally I think having Gerrard on the bench tonight would be best - while it might be argued that he is fit to play I'd still rest him - play him in the 2nd half. He's been injured alot this year and it's probably from trying to do too much too soon imo the last thing we need is seeing him come back tonight then pulling up again in the next game or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

reckon we'll get;

.....................Reina.....................
    Carra......Skrtel.....Kyriakos...Insua
    ..........Mascherano...Lucas.............
    Degen...........Gerrard..............Riera
    ......................Kuyt......................

looking forward to it

yeah that seems to be the word over on RAWK as well.

Aquilani should play though, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pretty disappointed that Aqua prob won't be starting...

would have prefered him starting in the gerrard position and bringing Gerrard on later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

tok9 wrote: »

would have prefered him starting in the gerrard position and bringing Gerrard on later

I'd start him instead of Lucas for this game. Lucas needs a rest and Aquilani needs games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I agree I see little point in starting Gerrard, or rushing him back from injury for a game that Liverpool should be able to win without him. Give Aquaman the runs he needs, the sooner he finishes 90 mins the better for all. If needs be bring on Gerrard in the second half. Few Bob on Deadly Dirk for first @ 11/2 would not go amiss either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

tok9 wrote: »

Noone knows the lineup yet so he may well start. I think it would be crazy not to start him. He badly needs games and we are playing against Wolves. Also, Lucas looked absolutely wrecked against Spurs, so I would bench him for this game.

As an alternative, could always play this:

Lucas---Masch

Gerrard----Aquilani
    Riera

Kuyt

As an alternative, could always play this:

Lucas---Masch

Gerrard----Aquilani
    Riera

Kuyt

I'd love that lineup tbh. cant see it happening though, the media would have a ****ing stroke if we started playing Gerrard out on the right again.

if it is the team i posted, hope to see Aquilani & Maxi on for 20-30mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I definitely think we will be sitting in 4th this time tomorrow. Might even have a sneaky few quid on us winning the title :D.

Reina
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Kyrgiakos
    Insua
    Mascherano
    Lucas
    Degen
    Riera
    Gerrard
    Kuyt

Thats the team im expecting with Maxi and Aquilani to feature in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm hoping Degen is given another run on the right side of midfield, would be interesting to see if he could maintain his good run of form. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to see a right sided winger running and taking players on. 22/1 first goalscorer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wolves are terrible home and away.

Liverpool by 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Boggles wrote: »
    Wolves are terrible home and away.

Liverpool by 3.

optimistic Boggles.

but thank you.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    optimistic Boggles.

but thank you.
    apparently he had spurs to win 4-2 last game. Put five big ones on it aswell. No college place for Boggles unfortunately :D

apparently he had spurs to win 4-2 last game. Put five big ones on it aswell. No college place for Boggles unfortunately :D

i was being serious with him.

it is optimistic.

and i like his optimism on our behalf on this occasion.

i think it'll be 2-1.

i'm not convinced we're out of the rut. i know Wolves can be diabolically bad at times, but they can pull out a hard working performance just like everybody else.

Our league form is good. three wins from four. Sure Wolves will put it up to us but am very optimistic about tonight

Boggles is always right ;)

Any team news yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

reina, carra, insua, skrtel, greek, lucas, masch, maxi, gerrard, riera, kuyt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is that real? I hope it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool:
    Reina,
    Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Insua,
    Mascherano, Lucas,
    Maxi
    Gerrard
    Riera,
    Kuyt.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Babel, Ngog, Degen, Darby, Pacheco.

Looks like the team Slick( I think) had up earlier.

Happy with that.

Lads are the extended highlights on Sly later?

Looks like the team Slick( I think) had up earlier.

Happy with that.

thanks for the credit, it wasn't me though. :)

happy enough with that, though i would like to see Aquilani start and Lucas given a rest.

i think Riera seemingly back to fitness is huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Loving it. Genuinely wide players out wide really does rock. And Gerrard is back! Plus, our sturdiest defense so far this season, good old Kyrgiakos is becoming undroppable.

I still worry about Kyrgiakos coming up against genuine pace, Defoe caused him a few problems. Someone like Rooney would absolutely destroy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

looks like a team that should win anyways,

looking forward to seeing Maxi, i havnt seen much of him since he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Come on Kuyt score first please. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Melion wrote: »
    I still worry about Kyrgiakos coming up against genuine pace, Defoe caused him a few problems. Someone like Rooney would absolutely destroy him.

major lapses of concentration would be his weakness

• Advertisement
Advertisement