Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wolves v Liverpool thread [Mod Warning Post #1, #232, #255]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Melion wrote: »
    Lads are the extended highlights on Sly later?

Yea football first on at 10:30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

reina, carra, insua, skrtel, greek, lucas, masch, maxi, gerrard, riera, kuyt

decent team...looking forward to the match!

Melion wrote: »
    I still worry about Kyrgiakos coming up against genuine pace, Defoe caused him a few problems. Someone like Rooney would absolutely destroy him.

Different horses for different courses.

Carra and Agger took care of him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

liverpool haven't won in wolves since 1979, interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

rossie1977 wrote: »

Is it ?

That's probably the last time Wolves were in the top flight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Good start for Liverpool so far, Maxi looks like he still has pace anyways,

I'd like to see this team and formation with Torres up front instead of Kuyt, i think he'd have a goal already.

Anyways, c'mon the Pool :)

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Is it ?

lol, that about 7 or 8 matches, wolves didn't get relegated till 1986, don't forget liverpool played them on a wed night in late january 2004 then as well, wolves scored a 90th min equalizer, what odds on that tonite

scorer of liverpool goal that night, bruno cheyrou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

anyone know why they're booing reina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Is it ?

To be fair they were in the top flight for the first three or four years in the 80's, and I think this season is the second time they have been in the Premiership.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Yup, mental. I'd say Paisley has sent them out tonight absolutely bulling for a win after the last visit.

bluefinger wrote: »

Im guessing maybe just to try put him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

from the game at anfield. he ran the length of the pitch to get yerman sent off. tellin the ref he booked the wrong lad

lol, that about 7 or 8 matches, wolves didn't get relegated till 1986, don't forget liverpool played them on a wed night in late january 2004 then as well, wolves scored a 90th min equalizer, what odds on that tonite

scorer of liverpool goal that night, bruno cheyrou

Wolves were not relegated from the top division in '86, they were relegated from the old third division to the old fourth division in '86.

spockety wrote: »
    Yup, mental. I'd say Paisley has sent them out tonight absolutely bulling for a win after the last visit.

Anyone remember Steve Bull for Wolves? He was a bloody goal machine for them.

bluefinger wrote: »

The Wolves fans are boing as at the game on boxer day Reina ran up the pitch to tell the ref he was booking the wrong player

• Advertisement

Even with the 2 "wingers" I think Liverpool are still sticking too close together in midfield, they need to get wider and make spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

booing Reina cause he came out of his goal to tell the ref that'd he booked the wrong player in anfield a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The Wolves fans are boing as at the game on boxer day Reina ran up the pitch to tell the ref he was booking the wrong player

That explains why I kept getting punched:p

A bit disjointed a the moment but we do look like the team to get the lead...just

aaronh007 wrote: »
    That explains why I kept getting punched:p

A bit disjointed a the moment but we do look like the team to get the lead...just

Not reading over what i type, too busy watching the game

last visit was long after paisley http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/3412633.stm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Kess73 wrote: »
    Anyone remember Steve Bull for Wolves? He was a bloody goal machine for them.

yup iirc he only got booked once for them and wasnt one to shy away from tackles as well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Seriously, is this what it has come to now? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Another cracking game. End to end stuff altogether :rolleyes:. Has there been a shot yet?

Kuyt looks very very sluggish, he has had 2 half chances as such so far, and not been able to do anything with them.

Even with the 2 "wingers" I think Liverpool are still sticking too close together in midfield, they need to get wider and make spaces.
    Spot on. Wolves are playing very tight. Wingers need to hug that line and try spread them because we are going nowhere through the middle.

Seriously, is this what it has come to now? :mad:

relax, you were wrong, i was wrong about the wolves thing in 86, that makes two of us ;)

Christ that was close.

Pool need to buck up their ideas, cos by going down the middle so often theyre becoming predictable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

FFS will they wake up.

Very unlucky from Wolves after a terrible freekick from Liverpool, Jarvis looks like he will skin Carragher all night.

What the hell was that? A deep cross to a ghost of Liverpool past?

Terrible. No movement at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

hope someone knows this!

ive been dyng to know for ages!!

whats the cassical music they play at the start of wolves home games?? its like a trumpet fanfare

not good so far from the pool..... 1 up front is not the way to go ... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Pool been awfully quiet thus far.

Songs

In the 1950s and '60s, the club's signature tune was "The Happy Wanderer".[citation needed] Later "The Liquidator" by the Harry J. Allstars became very popular, although use of the song ceased following a request from the West Midlands Police who claimed that obscene lyrics used by some fans[34] during the chorus could lead to hooliganism.[35][36] The tune has made occasional re-appearances at important promotion and play-off matches over the years, and a groundswell of support still exists among many supporters for its reinstatement as club anthem.[citation needed]

However, the club have since used "Hi Ho Silver Lining", a 1967 rock song by Jeff Beck, modifying the lyrics of the chorus to "Hi Ho Wolverhampton!".[citation needed] More recently, purely for the run up towards the club's 2008–09 promotion to the Premier League, the club adopted a temporary fan's anthem using a website that allowed fans to put forward their own anthem ideas, which then allowed others to vote for. This method saw "The Impossible Dream", with slightly modified lyrics, win by an overwelming margin.[citation needed] The club have now reverted back to the previous "Hi Ho Silver Lining" and for the 2009–10 season, have brought back the popular "Tom Hark" tune as goal music, last used when Wolves were in the top division.[citation needed]

**this google thing really needs to catch on. spread the word people

redout wrote: »
    Pool been awfully quiet thus far.

No movement, no ideas, far too narrow, Kuyt drifting out wide too often and just generally bad at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Just in. Some one some up first half in one word for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm a fan of Insua but any time he's gotten the ball he seems to be just hoofing it up the line. Either there's fcuk all movement or he's lacking vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jaysis lads, we're not doing much, are we? Especially up forward. Nil all fair enough at the moment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Runtish - relace the 'r' with a 'c' and it'll give a fair reflection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

no scores from other games in match threads please

Terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

no scores from other games in match threads please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Poor, can only get better I hope.

brutal game so far. rieras corner at the end of the half was the best they've done. bring on aqua for lucas or masch

• Advertisement

What a fucking horrible 45 minutes. What a fool I was to be optimistic for the first time in so long and think Liverpool would play some decent football and cruise to a comfortable victory. I am done with optimism. Liverpool and optimism are mutually exclusive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

There are obvious motivation problems at the club. It's been a pattern all season. Do ok in a big game and then a flat performance in the next game. The players don't look up for this

PaulieC wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Insua but any time he's gotten the ball he seems to be just hoofing it up the line. Either there's fcuk all movement or he's lacking vision

I'm not sold on Insua.... he's good for his age but his positional sense is not great for crosses..

we need another striker on asap..

Carra, Insua, Skyrtel all hoofing the ball up!!

Every time a player gets the ball he dithers for a few seconds and then gets closed down so has to go backwards....

serious lack of movement from the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

evil_seed wrote: »
    Songs

**this google thing really needs to catch on. spread the word people

classical music, usually before the teams line up. not a song! thanks anyway!

ive noticed it a few times on motd or RTE

• Advertisement
Advertisement