Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wolves v Liverpool thread [Mod Warning Post #1, #232, #255]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Typical of the muck you read in here.

How about the 10 pool players that couldnt string a pass together?

The player have got to shoulder some blame but the fact is Rafa has lost the dressing room. They have been pathetic too many times this season. Too many half hearted efforts. A new coach can instill some confidence and inspire the players and just maybe salvage our season and get Champions League i.e. the future of our club as Man City will surpass us.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

When is Glen Johnson due back?

At least we'll have some attacking threat...says it all really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

careful there

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well where does the buck stop? You keep supporting Rafa for all you want, see where it gets you mate. Nowhere on the evidence I have seen.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

poor display, not sure what the point of playing maxi, gerrard and riera is if you are then going to stick Kuyt up front. Ngog looked more dangerous when he came on, but we never looked like scoring. depressing. I guess a bright point is that Maxi looked sharp, especially until he took one of the few heavy knocks he got early on.

I'd say I've seen about a 5000 poor corners from Gerrard at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

We need to look at the positives lads.

We're only two points off safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

You started this thread by looking to the past. Typical of a Liverpool fan.

The staff and supporters need to cop on and realise that right now, your team is not up to much and not good enough to win any trophy. Start from the bottom up rather than from the top down.

Dellusions of Grandeur are going to sink Liverpool. The Titanic won't have a patch on it.

Typical of a non-Liverpool fan to point out something that's already common knowledge - Liverpool aren't in any shape to win a trophy - no sh1t Sherlock! As a Liverpool fan I don't think I have "Dellusions of Grandeur" -I feel that this club has a proud history like many other across Europe, the players on the pitch need to perform like players who deserve to wear the liver bird on their chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Shambles of a performance.

mormank wrote: »
    oh my goodness. another inept display. i could play better myself ffs!! you pass the ball to a guy in red, how hard is that concept to grasp! lucas has been missing the whole game and yet will probably finish out the90 mins...or come off for the last 2 mins. im so sick and tired of being a liverpool fan at this stage! disillusioned isnt the word for it at this stage!! if i met a genie and was given one wish it would be that i couldve been born a gunners fan and not a liverpool fan!! my younger bro is a gunners fan, he has no idea how lucky he is that he isnt a pool fan..my go what a terrible existence as a footie fan to follow liverpool...

hehe ...

I had similar thoughts last week. I was at the Emirates for the Arsenal v Bolton game and it was refreshing to see a team that can actually play football...... for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

One of the worst games I have ever watched and one of the worst performances from Liverpool this season. Unable to string any passes together, unable to create anything and completely unable to play anything resembling football. N'Gog and Riera are pretty much the only ones who should come off with heads held high.

We are only missing Johnson, Yossi, Agger and Torres. We should be better than this. Why didnt Aquilani or Babel get a shot seeing as we were terrible from the first minute to the last ?

Well where does the buck stop? You keep supporting Rafa for all you want, see where it gets you mate. Nowhere on the evidence I have seen.

All I'm saying is no-one on the pitch for Liverpool could string a pass together for most of the game. What's wrong with that?

These guys are supposed to be pros ffs.

A toothless display after quite a good opening 10mins for us.

Mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Bad man management see Sir Alex re: Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Beckham, Heinze

Yes but his teams generally improved and rarely would he allow so many players underperform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That was a turgid game of football, awful. Liverpool need to get it together or else they really could not get 4th. I'd be shocked if they don't get 4th personally, but I'm beginning to question it more and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

All I'm saying is no-one on the pitch for Liverpool could string a pass together for most of the game. What's wrong with that?

These guys are supposed to be pros ffs.

A toothless display after quite a good opening 10mins for us.

Mate

Fair enough, but if they couldn't string a pass together what were they doing out there? Isn't the manager supposed to manage a team when things aren't working? Why does he refuse to make/use substitutions when his gameplan isn't working? I hope it's stubbornness because if it's blind faith in his horribly ineffective tactics then this team won't be up to much with him at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its amazing the performance difference between the spurs game and tonight's game

what could it be ?

do they only perform when its against the big teams or having Gerrard back in the team is a negative factor in terms of relying on him to carry the team

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

PHB wrote: »
    That was a turgid game of football, awful. Liverpool need to get it together or else they really could not get 6th. I'd be shocked if they do get 4th personally

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mayordenis wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone is talking about Alex Ferguson at all, stupidity.

I was baited...

After this "performance" it is as clear as day that there is something fundamentally wrong at the club and in the dressing room. The players are not playing for the manager or the team.

I'm sick of these false dawns that we have had. First the Everton game, then United, then Spurs. I would rather send out the youth and reserve lads for the rest of the season. at least they would fight for the ball, pass the ball and more than likely get a corner into the middle of the box.

Sick and tired of Rafa's "they showed character and worked hard and now we're just focusing on the next team". BS! He has rigid, defensive tactics and does not have a plan "B".

When he sees his team playing like they were in the first half one thing should have clicked in his head.." Wolves are very defensive and hard to break down. I need someone creative out there" and should have brought on Aquilani but he didn't. His tactics are stale and predictable

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why did Rafa only make one substitution ? Aquilani, Babel and Pacheco were all on the bench and noone on the pitch was playing well...Lucas, Mascherano, Maxi, Kuyt and Gerrard were all good candidates to be taken off.

Headshot wrote: »
    its amazing the performance difference between the spurs game and tonight's game

what could it be ?

do they only perform when its against the big teams or having Gerrard back in the team is a negative factor in terms of relying on him to carry the team

?

That game told me more about Spurs than about Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Mick will be delighted to know I watched in't "Widescreen", but not on a Black Diamond, on my Mac! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

WLWWDW 13PTS LIVERPOOL LAST SIX BEFORE TONIGHT
    LWWDWW 13PTS MAN U LAST SIX

been to hard on liverpool, i think corner has been turned, dispite of this display tonight

what could it be ?

?

Only perform against some of the big teams it seems.

Gerrard is great in the hole but only when Torres is playing. No-one can play that role like Torres.

what could it be ?

?

Yeah , having one of the greatest players the club has ever had in the team is a massive negative. :rolleyes:

It's the rubbish he's surrounded with that's the big problem.

On a complete sidenote Headshot, while you're here, remember 6 months ago I told you United weren't signing players because they were in financial trouble, but you preferred to believe it was a new transfer policy by United ? Remember telling me I was wrong, stupid, and doubting my "economic expertise" as you put it ?

Do you feel silly now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That was a really ****e match.

Thought Doyle played well up top, if Wolves go down there should be people sniffing around him again. Would like him to get a move to a bigger club.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

muck? did he not sign the ten players and coaches them everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Got to look at the fact is 3 wins and two away draws in the last 5.

League table doesn't make for the best of reasing though. Despite our relatively okayish (yeah I guess it is given what we have suffered through this season) form, any of the three main rivals can overtake us if they win their games in hand.
    EDIT: Of course Spurs already are.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Yeah , having one of the greatest players the club has ever had in the team is a massive negative. :rolleyes:

It's the rubbish he's surrounded with that's the big problem.

On a complete sidenote Headshot, while you're here, remember 6 months ago I told you United weren't signing players because they were in financial trouble, but you preferred to believe it was a new transfer policy by United ? Remember telling me I was wrong, stupid, and doubting my "economic expertise" as you put it ?

Do you feel silly now ?

"the greatest player the club has ever had" has been ****e this season, the same rubbish that destroyed Spurs ? pool were brilliant that day

btw we just signed a new player today :)

deise48 wrote: »
    muck? did he not sign the ten players and coaches them everyday

yeah these same players played great v spurs last week.

It says as much or more for the players imo.

Seriously guys, I think you're better off posting on an all Liverpool forum. You really can't handle any stick at all that's thrown your way.

Hmmmmm .... I read the following player ratings for tonights match on a Liverpool forum:
    Utter, turgid ****ing sh1t

Reina - 6 (ok)
    Carra - 5 (better second half)
    Zorba - 6 (best defender)
    Skittles - 5 (doyle gave him problems)
    Insewer - 3 (utterly useless fat c*nt, f*ck off)

Steptoe - 5 (slow)
    The Invisible C*nt - n/a (f*cking get out of my club)
    Masher - 4 (passing like MWP)
    Maxi - 5 (a glacier)

Gerrard - 4 (not fit)

Kuyt - 5 (one shot. Wide)

Benitez - Go away. Resign. Whatever.

It's probably not as one eyed as you imagine on LFC forums. Then again, it's not always that vitriolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If the usual Man U trolls wanna come into this thread.....you're more than welcome!! We might just join in tonight!!! :o:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Lads, I'm not going to spend all night tidying up this thread, so any further off-topic posting here is a 1 week ban for any and all offenders

LOL at that report from the Liverpool site. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who?
    Smalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Main difference was Gerrard. Was not at the races tonight.

Anyway, well done Wolves. Hope ye stay up tbh.

Time to retire from this thread, it's getting messy :cool:

LOL at that report from the Liverpool site. :pac:

I'm told the MWP in the comment beside Mascherano's rating stands for "Mad Woman's Piss"

oh

Rosco i forgot to ask ya

"Do you feel silly now"

anyway was there any pool players that could lift their heads up still ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Little to add to what's already been said. Awful, awful game. Very poor performance. We can't string together more than 2 or 3 passes without someone giving it away. Where was Aquilani tonight? Ridiculous that he didn't get on.

Wolves are a poor team, and we never allowed them to show it once. To not test Haneman ONCE in the whole game is unforgivable really.

Here's my view on the players performances...

- Reina: 6.5 Solid and reliable as ever. Little to do.

- Insua 5: Really poor on the ball. Gave it away countless times. Offered little to no attacking threat. Wasn't particularly tested much in defence as far as I remember and not really exposed, so can't really complain about his defensive performance but still not good enough.

- Kyriakos 7: One of the few Liverpool players that can come away happy with his performance. I felt he did his job well, won a lot of headers and did well to stop Doyle in his first half chance. All round solid and reliable, no complaints with is performance.

- Skrtel 6: Was okay defensively. Distribution not brilliant but I guess it's not his main job. Clean sheet and little in the way of chances for Wolves so can't be too harsh on him as a centre-back in this respect.

- Carragher 5: Poor both on and off the ball. The only chance of the whole game came from Jarvis skinning him, and this looked a constant threat. Just doesn't have the pace for RB. Offers nothing going forward and was as guilty as anyone for giving the ball away. Please Rafa don't play Carragher RB anymore.

- Lucas 5: Poor passing tonight. Worked hard as usual but as a centre-mid you expect more from him on the ball. Far too many incomplete passes.

- Masch 5: Pretty much same as what I said for Lucas.

- Riera 6.5: Impressed again by Riera. Smart with the ball and one of the few players trying to do something positive when given the ball. Beat his man well twice and put in a couple of decent crosses that no one got on the end of. Just coming back from injury so not everything came off for him but his return will be important for us I feel. Disappointed to see him taking off but I suppose he wasn't fully fit.

- Maxi 6: Promising start, but then disappeared from the game. Didn't do much wrong but the team was playing so badly that I think it was probably difficult for him to play effectively. He was very quiet in the second half, but this was probably down to the quality of passing from the back and midfield as much as anything else. Still think he will be a good signing in the longterm.

- Gerrard 5.5: A couple of decent passes and runs but ultimately no end product. Completely ineffective from set-pieces.

- Kuyt 5.5: Deprived of much service, but still thought Kuyt was pretty poor tonight.

- Ngog 6: Influenced the game when he came on with some enthusiastic and strong running. Final product was poor however.

Watching Liverpool isn't much fun at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

**** that anyway, just wish this season was over. can't win, if we'd have kept gerrard on the bench, no doubt he'd have been slated for that too, can't win. didn't get to see the game tonight-thankfully by the sounds of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

oh

Rosco i forgot to ask ya

"Do you feel silly now"

anyway was there any pool players that could life their heads up still ?

I assume you mean from tonight's game?

If so, then Pepe, Riera, and Kyriakos have nothing to be ashamed of with their performances, the other eight that started? Well that's another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sly Sports loving it just there at the end of the show presenter "Wolves held again"

oh

Rosco i forgot to ask ya

"Do you feel silly now"

Why ?

All that Ronaldo money was used to pay off interest. I was correct, it wasn't available to spend. Anyway that's off topic.

The Liverpool players should be ashamed of themselves this season, they've been utterly rubbish. I'm aware a lot of people are heaping criticism on the likes of Gerrard but really if he's not motivated who can blame him ? He's watching his chances of ever lifting a league title vanish.

He's playing for a manager who has no ideas, alongside a load of players not fit to wear the LFC jersey.

The club is a shambles and needs a clear out from top to bottom.

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Why ?

All that Ronaldo money was used to pay off interest. I was correct, it wasn't available to spend. Anyway that's off topic.
    jebus you talk some good ****

your last post was bragging that utd wasnt going to buy any players
    i just proved ya wrong, just except it and moved on

thats my final post on the matter here :)
    Kess73 wrote: »

If so, then Pepe, Riera, and Kyriakos have nothing to be ashamed of with their performances, the other eight that started? Well that's another story.

yap tonights game

that Kyriakos lad is getting better and better it seems

he might turn out to be a very descent buy if he hasnt already

Sly Sports loving it just there at the end of the show presenter "Wolves held again"

Haha, McCarthy will be under pressure having been expected to win that game.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rafa didn't even try to defend not bringing Acquilani on.

The one player we have in mdfield that can find a bit of space and he doesn't bring him on.

The only reason I can see is he is going for safety at all costs policy away from home.

On a brighter note, 4th clean sheet in 5 in the League.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

oh

Rosco i forgot to ask ya

"Do you feel silly now"

Reina. He didn't have much to do. Says it all.

Also says it all that he is by far our player of the season!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Reina. He didn't have much to do. Says it all.

Also says it all that he is by far our player of the season!!

yap

best keeper in the league I think

(yes better than given)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Kess73 wrote: »

I thought Kyriakos had a good game too, he seemed to enjoy the challenge Doyle posed, only thing against him tonight was the few times he pushed players (i think both times was Doyle) in the back, a better team could have punished more from that one just outside the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

best keeper in the league at the moment. You really saying thats impossible for anyone to be better than Given in anyone season :rollingeyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Rafa benitez.........."things are looking very positive, another clean sheet"

Against the mighty wolves? :cool:

Steven gerrard....."i think it was a point gained rather than 2 dropped".

Sweet jesus, i think rafas overwhelming negativity is even infesting itself in gerrard. Looking at them doing interviews there it was like they were happy for the point.

On sky news just there that liverpool had been in contact with city about benjani. (amongst other clubs)

• Advertisement
Advertisement