Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 week deadline for objections, or is it?

• 25-01-2010 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

I have a planning app in at the moment and an objection was submitted last week. I can deal with the objection, it is totally spurious and the planners will see through it. I am curious though, the application was acknowledged as being received by the council on the 14th of December and they state that the closing date for submissions is the 26th of January.

This is actually more than 6 weeks, but the amount of time allowed for submissions is 5 weeks from date of lodgement of the application, and this is the law. Does the law somewhere allow an extra week because of the xmas period or something??

I feel a little aggrieved tbh because the law is the law. Please set me straight if I have interpreted the law incorrectly!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

The five week period for making submissions and observations is "put on hold " over the Christmas period, as it the time for considering planning applications, meaning there's 8 or 9 additional days (I can't remember off the top of my head the exact number, it could even be 10) added onto the planning entire planning process.

So I'm afraid the submission is vaild in terms of time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Cheers archtech,
    You don't happen to know where in the legislation the council is allowed to do this do you?

Cheers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

.........in accordance with Section 251 of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 to 2006, "where calculating any appropriate period or other time limit referred to in this Act or in any regulations made under this Act, the period between the 24th Day of December and the first day of January, both days inclusive, shall be disregarded".Accordingly,all time limits specified in connection with the planning application process,including time limits relating to the maintenance of site notices and receipt of submissions or observations are extended by 9 days.

Advertisement