Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm Pixi in Ireland

• 25-01-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's plans to release this in Europe? Or the new Pixi Plus, which has wifi (although it's currently CDMA only).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

There have been no announcements about it nor have there been any rumours, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There were rumours of a GSM version of the pixi plus/ pre plus on engadget for what it's worth.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/23/palm-crafting-gsm-versions-of-the-pre-plus-and-pixi-plus/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There were rumours of a GSM version of the pixi plus/ pre plus on engadget for what it's worth.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/23/palm-crafting-gsm-versions-of-the-pre-plus-and-pixi-plus/

Thanks, that's a good indication that they'll appear at some stage. Personally I'm getting a Nexus One, but I feel the Pixi is a very interesting phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Baza210 wrote: »
    I feel the Pixi is a very interesting phone.

Definitely. I think if they put it at a very cheap price point, say €99 or less on PAYG, they'd sell loads of them. A smartphone level OS and a full qwerty keyboard for that price would be very attractive to loads of people, especially those who can't afford phones like the iPhone or Hero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't think it's going to go at €100 on PAYG, especially since it's $100 on contract in the USA. €200 is a possibility though, and that's still cheap for a decent smartphone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement