Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web hosting - Quick Question

Options
  • 25-01-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

[Web Hosting Forum is locked, so I posted here]

Hey lads,

I was giving a mate a hand with setting up a site today. He bought his domain 3 years ago, form blacknight. Its under the .ie TLD. He was gonna pay nearly a grand to a web dev, but I explained that that was unnecessary, he has very basic needs. We built up the base for the site in Freewebs, or Webs as its now called. All fine, contact form is a great plus for him.

The problem comes with pointing his domain at his freewebs site. Their site says to point blacknight at ns1 and ns2.webs.com. When we weant to do it though it failed, and from google it seems that there is some extra step when doing this with .ie. We could move the registration to webs, but that means faxing the IEDR or whatever they're called and loads of stress.

So, how is this done, I've not really worked with domains much myslef so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing.

Thanks,
    Lethal.

Comments

Advertisement