Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport parking

Options
  • 25-01-2010 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Could anyone tell me is there somewhere I can park at the airport (Near arrivals) for a few minutes to pick someone up or do you have to go to the short term?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you hang around at one of the viewing points and then get the whoever you are picking up to ring you when they are outside the departures area you could just pull up alongside them and they can jump in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

irishguy wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me is there somewhere I can park at the airport (Near arrivals) for a few minutes to pick someone up or do you have to go to the short term?

Their is spots to the right of the A block short term car park.

So if they come out of arrivals, go straight out the door, across the road into the A car park, straight out the other side, you would be there.

So for you driving in, stay to the right, rather than left for departures. (which is often used to pick people up ;)) but does cause problems and you will be moved on quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sometimes I park on the way up to departures but the guys with the tow trucks are pretty insistent that you move on. Other times I park in the petrol station and ask whoever I'm meeting to tell me when they're coming through arrivals and I then meet them outside departures.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

If the passenger is contactable by phone, another option is the park along the entrance road to car park 3 (Red Long term) beside ALSAA. There is plenty of room there. Other options are ALSAA car park or Kealy's pub. When you get a call, ask the passenger to go to the exit end of the departures road (upstairs from arrivals) and pick them up there but don't hang around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

So you cant park near arrivals then? Ill just get them to give me a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

I usually park in the Petrol Station and wait for a call a call . Then on to departures ramp, only 1 minute away

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Petrol station is on the left if you are on your way out of main entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

irishguy wrote: »
    So you cant park near arrivals then? Ill just get them to give me a ring.

No, only taxis and buses has access to the arrivals level, hence why so many people use the departures level for pick ups

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Davy wrote: »
    No, only taxis and buses has access to the arrivals level, hence why so many people use the departures level for pick ups

Ah yes that makes sense then.

Advertisement