Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG help anyone? (Trimetric projection)

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

When you have a sphere (Meaning a circle in both the plan and elevation), do you divide both circles into 12 parts and join up the corresponding points from both views? Because I've done that and it's not working out in the centre projection at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Do me a favour please....

Get a ball (or any other sphere). Set it on the table. Look at it at eye level... you see a circle. Look at it from the top... you see a circle. Look at it for the side... you see a circle. Look at it at an angle... you see a circle !!!!!

A sphere always appears as a circle. So just project the two center points and lob the compass on the center point and bang ! Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Calum196 wrote: »
    Do me a favour please....

Get a ball (or any other sphere). Set it on the table. Look at it at eye level... you see a circle. Look at it from the top... you see a circle. Look at it for the side... you see a circle. Look at it at an angle... you see a circle !!!!!

A sphere always appears as a circle. So just project the two center points and lob the compass on the center point and bang ! Job done.

Wow. I would never have thought of that. LOL. Thank you so much. My DCG teacher sucks, he barely explains anything, even though he claims to have helped design the new Wembley.

Advertisement