Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TTC after Depo-provera shot

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

My story is I only had one shot of Depo in July 09 and decided I didn't like its effect so didn't get 2nd shot in Oct 09. Got period only 2 weeks later but nothing since. Have done a few HPTs and all negative. Only decided to TTC last month but due to fact haven't had period since Oct we're not sure when or even if i'm ovulating.

Most confusing is fact I had one period but none since, from reading others stories it seems period makes no apperence for a number of months after stopping shot so I dont know whats going on.

Any advice would really help calm me down

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would suggest getting some ovulations testers, bit it a electronic kit or tester strips.
    That way you can monitor somewhat what maybe going on and generally look after yourself, make sure your eating right.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Is there a cheap way of doing this? I'm unemployed at the moment and dont really have the money to buy the OPKs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ovulation strips can be as cheap as 30 euro for 50 of them if you can't budget for that, then maybe you need to rethink starting a family for a while until you are in a better place financially.

There are courses on how to check fertility using vaginal mucus and temperature charting.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Problem solved, got AF this morning after all the worrying and as for waiting, my OH is starting a new position in current job in a few weeks so finances should vastly improve. Things are just a bit tight in the interim.

Thanks a million for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

must say i know when i ovulate as im in very bad paind and cant walk for 36 hours. i started the depo provera 3 years ago and had the merina coil fitted yesterday i put on 2 stone and now hoping to loose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 leonak17

heya i have been on the depo provera since may and didnt get my period for the first month.......but ever since my period is there constent......my doctor has me on tablets now that are stoppin the bleeding.....but is this right? should i be bleeding at all???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ovulation strips can be as cheap as 30 euro for 50 of them if you can't budget for that, then maybe you need to rethink starting a family for a while until you are in a better place financially..

A little jugdemental and anti-human rights for my liking

Advertisement