Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary Schools - East Side of Galway City

• 25-01-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

My oldest child will be starting primary school in September this year. However, although I've lived in Galway for almost 15 years, I don't know anything about the local primary schools and would appreciate any advice and/or feedback on schools on the east side of Galway city.

Could anyone give some personal feedback on Briarhill N.S., Scoil Caitriona or Scoil Dara National Schools in Renmore?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

I don't know anything about Gaelscoil Dara/Briarhill, but worked very briefly in Scoil Caitriona a number of years ago, and have known people who teach there. It came across as a very good school, dedicated teachers with students involved in lots of things such as singing (I think they amy have made a cd at some stage) swimming lessons in the kingfisher etc.

I have only seen Briarhill in passing I am am always intrigued by it, it looks so modern and new, would love to see inside.

Hope this is of some help to you, and why not ring them up and arrange a visit some day, I know we always have a few prospective parents shown around our school before enrolling their children, usually they just peek in the window in the door, so don't disturb classes at all but can still get a feel for the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Light2010

Hi a123, just found your message in my e-mail notifications. For some reason it doesn't show up on the boards or in Private Messages. Thanks a million for your feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Natallia

Yes,Caitriona is supposed to be a good school-my friends daughter goes there -very happy with it,never had any problems

Advertisement