Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queens Rip off !

• 25-01-2010 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I was in there last week and they were charging 12 euro to get in !:eek: this is in the middle of a recession,with no concession cards like other clubs,all drinks are a 5er and they make you put your goat in the cloakroom !:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MiciG91 wrote: »
    .... and they make you put your goat in the cloakroom !:(

Bastards! Goats are pretty good dancers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was in there last week and they were charging 12 euro to get in !:eek: this is in the middle of a recession,with no concession cards like other clubs,all drinks are a 5er and they make you put your goat in the cloakroom !:(

If you think €12 is steep, you should try some of the places in Limerick. Angel Lane (well, when I used to go there), was regularly €15 to get in. Trinity Rooms could be anything from €5 to €17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Welcome too Ennis and the Lyons family monopoly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

It's Lyne actually;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Was there many goats in the cloakroom? Hope the loud music didn't upset him. Did he get a treat in Enzos afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Rooney10 wrote: »
    If you think €12 is steep, you should try some of the places in Limerick. Angel Lane (well, when I used to go there), was regularly €15 to get in. Trinity Rooms could be anything from €5 to €17.

Or try living in Dublin for a while! not a chance of getting into a nightclub on a sat night for 12 quid.
    As for the queens i know a few lads that try to make it in before 12 and its cheaper think its 5 or 7 euro or around that, its usually written on the facebook page what the discount is.

My poor goat has never been right since though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

You see your problem here is that you decided to go to the queens in the first place.
    asmobhosca wrote: »
    Or try living in Dublin for a while! not a chance of getting into a nightclub on a sat night for 12 quid.
    As for the queens i know a few lads that try to make it in before 12 and its cheaper think its 5 or 7 euro or around that, its usually written on the facebook page what the discount is.

My poor goat has never been right since though :D

There's a discount alright, but if you go an hour earlier you're going to get at least one drink, which is a fiver, so you end up paying the same amount anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Theres a group campaigning about not being able to bring your goat on facebook http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=feck+&init=quick#/group.php?gid=274389757566&ref=ss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Theres a group campaigning about not being able to bring your goat on facebook http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=feck+&init=quick#/group.php?gid=274389757566&ref=ss

It succeeded :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Fair play to them if mugs are gonna pay that kinda money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

buck65 wrote: »
    Fair play to them if mugs are gonna pay that kinda money!
    not really, cos its sh1t like this, squeezing as much as you can out of the punter for feck all in return, in this case a headache and bleeding eardrums, thats has this country up sh1tcreek
    mandatory handing in of your coat for 2euros, sure what other country would you get it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

The Queens is a rip-off. Fact. It was always rip-off, it is a rip-off and it will continue to be a rip-off. Why? Because there's nowhere else to go and they know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

That goat page is genius haha.

I've been on here many the time complaing (was BLITZ_Molloy, lost my password) about the coat checking. Was delighted that the Facebook page got such traction. 2000+ people in a week! I think when the cold got to be like it was over xmas the thing really just drove everybody mental.

Not enough competition in Ennis basically. Most women don't care for late bars so until they decide to go somewhere else the Queens will always have an audience. Where young women go, the men follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

breedie wrote: »
    The Queens is a rip-off. Fact. It was always rip-off, it is a rip-off and it will continue to be a rip-off. Why? Because there's nowhere else to go and they know it.

Queens is the only night club in Ennis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

There's another one also owned by Lynes.

And Brandons which has a dancefloor but is really more of a latebar than a nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

BOBBY wrote: »
    mandatory handing in of your coat for 2euros, sure what other country would you get it,

I dont agree with it but actually you get it in plenty of countries my sister lives in denmark and its compulsory in all nightclubs there, also seen it enforced in places in germany and the states.
    A lot of clubs in dublin are doing it as well, theres another thread on boards somewhere talking about this in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Triology are apparantly not going to force us to put our goats in the cloakroom http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=274389757566&ref=ts

Advertisement