Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder for < €300

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Hey all we're looking for a good quality camcorder. The below are our requirements:
    1. Under 250-300 quid
    2. Good optical zoom.
    3. Able to record to normal windows files so no extra software is required
    4. Handy size and sturdy
    5. Looks OK
    6. Good battery life
    Any of you techies have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

The lawman.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I'm looking for something on this line too. If it was close to HD I could stretch to 400. Mostly for decent quality youtube stuff and the like.

Recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I'm looking for something on this line too. If it was close to HD I could stretch to 400. Mostly for decent quality youtube stuff and the like.

Recommendations?

If you can live without an optical zoom - how does £83.49 for full HD sound?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Full-Ultra-Compact-Camcorder/dp/B002JTVR6Q/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1265367600&sr=8-5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

The Canon FS200 seems to suit your needs. Not sure about the file format but you should be able to do basic editing in VirtualDub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Baza210 wrote: »
    The Canon FS200 seems to suit your needs. Not sure about the file format but you should be able to do basic editing in VirtualDub.

Just picked one up on dabs. I'll let you know how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Oh, you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement