Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2010

Options
  • 25-01-2010 8:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if there is another topic feel free to merge or whatever. PromoBoxHOME-presale.jpg

AC/DC
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Deftones
    Stone Temple Pilots
    BFMV
    Megadeth
    Wolfmother
    Volbeat
    Motorhead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Wow, Download is really going downhill....I mean they have big names, money making names, ticket selling names....but it's nothing special, and if this is an indication of where the summer line-ups are going I won't be heading abroad this year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow, Download is really going downhill....I mean they have big names, money making names, ticket selling names....but it's nothing special, and if this is an indication of where the summer line-ups are going I won't be heading abroad this year

Thats a very solid lineup so far. If the other headliners are to believed, it'll be between Metallica, Van Halen and Soundgarden. It'll still be highly solid, if not spectacular. With the competition existing between festivals, it does have a sturdy lineup with only 9 there.

To compare this and Sonisphere, well, the latter only has Maiden and Rammstein, this has Ac/Dc, TCV, Deftones, Megadeth, STP, BFMV(ultimate guilty pleasure...at least 3 years ago), WOlfmother...all bands I want to see, and then Motorhead if they wouldn't clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 zimmii

Download last year was INCREDIBLE, there was an amazing line-up that will be hard to beat this year. We went with RIP and the oppertunities we got with it were great

So far I'm already stupidly hyped-up for Deftones so I'll DEFINATELY be going! Can't wait to see who the rest are though, hopefully it'll be good! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Mushy wrote: »
    Thats a very solid lineup so far. If the other headliners are to believed, it'll be between Metallica, Van Halen and Soundgarden. It'll still be highly solid, if not spectacular. With the competition existing between festivals, it does have a sturdy lineup with only 9 there.

To compare this and Sonisphere, well, the latter only has Maiden and Rammstein, this has Ac/Dc, TCV, Deftones, Megadeth, STP, BFMV(ultimate guilty pleasure...at least 3 years ago), WOlfmother...all bands I want to see, and then Motorhead if they wouldn't clash.

Wouldn't agree with that Mush, the lineup for Sonisphere is at least as good if not better than the Download one so far...
    Motley Crue - Alice Cooper - Slayer - Anthrax - Fear Factory ........
    prob just a matter of tastes but I'd take that over the Download lineup so far - of course it would depend on the next few announcements, but I've yet to see a fest lineup that really excites me....we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Megadeth better be headlining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

NIBBS wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with that Mush, the lineup for Sonisphere is at least as good if not better than the Download one so far...
    Motley Crue - Alice Cooper - Slayer - Anthrax - Fear Factory ........
    prob just a matter of tastes but I'd take that over the Download lineup so far - of course it would depend on the next few announcements, but I've yet to see a fest lineup that really excites me....we'll see...

Yeah, is just tastes. Give me the Download lineup over Sonisphere(bar headliners) any day.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Megadeth better be headlining.

Highly unlikely. Sure Deftones, STP and TCV are higher up on the list already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

BFMV will be headlining the 2nd stage . There is an article floating around quoting them saying they will be headlining the 2nd stage

Ok, so Monday is when (according to Download Facebook page) they will announce their two headliners asides from AC/DC

Being honest, a safe bet would be Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Sound Garden...or perhaps Pearl Jam at an outside chance....maybe Blink 182

I would love to see some more good bands announced because I'm tempted to go but right now it would just be for Megadeth

What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I pay the whole price and go just for STP

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Sweden Rock Festival is on 9-12th. I'd say you could see bands playing both except Slayer who are only doing Sonisphere

http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pg=17&pr=1

• Advertisement

The Dillinger Escape Plan and Five Finger Death Punch have both self confirmed for Download....whether or not they will be one of the 7 bands announced on Monday remains to be seen

I hope there's a few power / prog metal bands on the smaller stages then I'll be a happy bunny :D

Aerosmith and RATM other headliners

rage-news-aero.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Aerosmith and RATM other headliners

rage-against-the-machine12.png

Aerosmith, aint they going through a legal battle wit Tyler at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

still not a great line up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

them crooked vultures
    megadeth
    motorhead
    bullet for my valentine
    wolfmother
    deftones
    stone temple pilots

all added.

df1985 wrote: »
    them crooked vultures
    megadeth
    motorhead
    bullet for my valentine
    wolfmother
    deftones
    stone temple pilots

all added.

They were confirmed weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

oops! only noticed today.

aflib wrote: »
    still not a great line up

It's terrible, has put me off going

Yea its and alright line up although thats prob cause i have seen all 3 headliners before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

More bands that will play Download

Lamb of God
    Stone Sour
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Billy Idol
    5 Finger Death Punch

Shaping up well imo. Now for some prog/power metal and more old school thrash plus a bit of Y&T and I'm happy

:cool::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ugh I was so mad when I heard who was playing :( I was dying to go to Download this year but at the last minute decided with Oxegen huh I will gocrazy if Oxegen has a terrible line up. *fingers crossed* it will be good.

I am definately going to Download next year. :)

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Ugh I was so mad when I heard who was playing :( I was dying to go to Download this year but at the last minute decided with Oxegen huh I will gocrazy if Oxegen has a terrible line up. *fingers crossed* it will be good.

I am definately going to Download next year. :)

You may keep the crossed for a long time my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭don101

Hi, i plan on going to download 2010 and i was just wondering what the best way to travel to it from ireland is. anyone who has gone in previous years and knows the best airport to get into/what trains to get/ and all that could be a huge help.

cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TommyL

don101 wrote: »
    Hi, i plan on going to download 2010 and i was just wondering what the best way to travel to it from ireland is. anyone who has gone in previous years and knows the best airport to get into/what trains to get/ and all that could be a huge help.

cheers :D

Never been myself either but will be doing my best to get ther from Cork.
    Savage line-up in fairness and i think it could get even better considering Donington Park is celebrating 30 years of concerts this year.

You can fly from Knock to East Midlands(closest airport) with Ryanair.
    I think they do shuttle buses from there.Maybe someone with past experience might know more.

Any one any advice on getting there from Cork.
    Flying from Dublin is a last resort because the times of flights from Cork to Dublin don't suit.

Travelling out on the Friday morning and back on the monday night would be handy aswell although I realise this may not be feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Have been there twice before, easiest way is fly to east midlands airport.
    They do have shuttle buses on or its about 20 - 30 minute walking distance from the airport aswell if you're feeling energetic.

Walked back to the airport before, which is pretty handy if you want to kill some time and have a nice stroll. Another time we didn't get the specific download shuttle bus but flagged down one of the car park transfer buses and the nice bus driver picked us up!

Its probably one of the easiest fests to get to!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

As above, it's must be the easiest festival to get to abroad. The airport and racetrack ground back on to each other. A 2k walk if you wish, or a taxi will probably be poassible (got one before). Was there in 05' & '06. Went to Wacken in '07, '08 & '09. Goin' to Download this year again. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭don101

cheers everybody, will try and get a plane to the east midlands airport!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

the walk is nothing from the airport, I dont know why more people dont walk it, you'll just spend ages waiting on a taxi, walking to the local town though, dont bother with that, thats long!

Advertisement