Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry to take the thread slightly off-topic, but can anyone tell me price of drink at the festival? May end up going to this, it is quite tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

We're flying from Belfast to East Midlands Airport. We're too oul for camping though :P so are staying in Derby. There's shuttle buses every half hour or so from Derby to Donington

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

AC/DC, Rage, Aerosmith... that's three really solid headliners for me there. Will definitely be considering this... I'll hold out for the next lineup announcement and also until Graspop announce their other two headliners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

AcDc, Rage, Megadeth, Aerosmith and I'm well fcukin' sold.

Think I'll go if I can get a few mates to go too!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Excellent line-up. Done Graspop last year and Rock Im Park the year before, so if it's half as good as either of those then I'll be happy.

Transport: If the Ferry is possible I'd go for that option. A car and four passengers is working out a lot cheaper than four flights to East Midlands. 3 hour drive from Holyhead, two tanks of fuel should get you there and back, split four ways the cost isn't so bad.

Also we were lucky enough to get tickets for the RATM free gig in London on June 6th so roll on Summer, it's gonna be one to remember.

PS: OXEGEN SUCKS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

22 more bands to be announced monday. just bought my tickets a couple of minutes ago:D Went last year and loved it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

index.aspx

Latest additions:

Coheed and Cambria
    • Airbourne
    • HIM
    • Dillinger Escape Plan
    • Cinderella
    • Steel Panther
    • We Are The Fallen
    • 36 Crazyfists
    • A Day To Remember
    • Whitechapel
    • Hell Yeah
    • The Blackout
    • Dommin
    • Taking Dawn
    • Job For A Cowboy
    • Saxon
    • RATT
    • Unearth
    • Lawnmower Deth
    • Rise To Remain
    • August Burns Red
    • Y&T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

wow!!!!
    that's some mix of bands/genres........I really might just have to bite the bullet on this and go........

would probably depend on clashes to be honest.......

Very poor announcement. Throws back the debate of whether I'll go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Mushy wrote: »
    Very poor announcement. Throws back the debate of whether I'll go now.

What's poor exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

ac/dc makes this worth going, never mind the others (which are great aswell) for me theres nothing poor about it..

I'll try get a few m8s to go anyways :D

a decent announcement. The fact that we had to wait so long and it was hyped so much makes it slightly disappointing though.

Line up not as strong as last year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Thats a piss poor announcement if I'm honest!

Hyping a 22 band announcement then to come out with 3 or 4 bands actually worth it? (Airbourne,Dillinger & Steel Panther)

It smells to me like all the money has been spent on the headliners, and its filler from here on in! Lets hope I'm wrong.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first year they are doing day tickets? Will attract all the knackers. Need to sell the extra 30k tickets somehow I suppose! :rolleyes:

they had day tickets last year aswell AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Horrible annoucement and waiting so long to give it to us has only made things worse. While the headliners are strong, the rest leaves a whole lot to be desired (especially looking at last year). Plus, all the other reasonable bands are clashing with mainstage bands. Considering selling up now for a spot at Hellfest.

PS; They've done day tickets for a number of years now.

PPS; What's with the TDEP fanatics? Am I missing something?

fluke wrote: »
    What's poor exactly?

Out of 22 bands I'd wanna definitely see only 1 and even then they clashing with TCV!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Out of 22 bands I'd wanna definitely see only 1 and even then they clashing with TCV!

So are the listings on the poster the actual slots Mush ?
    I never take too much notice of the listings until they put times beside them, too often make early decisions that turn out of be mistakes.....

I don't know, I've always enjoyed watching Saxon, Y&T are an excellent live band (but seem to be on with a strange mix of bands, think they'd fit in nicely on the Sunday).......and Whitechapel (imo) are one of the better Death Metal bands around at the minute.........I think it's an unusual line up for Download, but there are definitely worse line ups out there this summer....

It was a so-so announcement, not great, and the long wait was annoying for what was mostly small acts (really don't care much for HIM or Coheed and Cambria). I felt the lineup needed to be beefed up with at least one "big" act on the main stage, like Deep Purple or something.

Think this is the earliest they've released day tickets as well, in recent memory.

NIBBS wrote: »
    So are the listings on the poster the actual slots Mush ?
    I never take too much notice of the listings until they put times beside them, too often make early decisions that turn out of be mistakes.....

I don't know, I've always enjoyed watching Saxon, Y&T are an excellent live band (but seem to be on with a strange mix of bands, think they'd fit in nicely on the Sunday).......and Whitechapel (imo) are one of the better Death Metal bands around at the minute.........I think it's an unusual line up for Download, but there are definitely worse line ups out there this summer....

Well it has been confirmed TCV, Deftones & STP are sub-headliners, with BFMV, 30STM and SS 2nd stage headliners. Can't see anyone slotting into space between C&C and BFMV, will be slight overlap more than a clash. So its not definite, as there are spaces to be filled, but not too many that'd affect higher positions.

I was expecting Paramore, MAstodon and Porcupine Tree in that announcement.

And yes, Y&T are a band I wanna get into actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

HBK wrote: »
    Thats a piss poor announcement if I'm honest!

Hyping a 22 band announcement then to come out with 3 or 4 bands actually worth it? (Airbourne,Dillinger & Steel Panther)

It smells to me like all the money has been spent on the headliners, and its filler from here on in! Lets hope I'm wrong.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first year they are doing day tickets? Will attract all the knackers. Need to sell the extra 30k tickets somehow I suppose! :rolleyes:

Shawn Michaels knows the score!

I'm not goin now, brutal announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Well it has been confirmed TCV, Deftones & STP are sub-headliners, with BFMV, 30STM and SS 2nd stage headliners. Can't see anyone slotting into space between C&C and BFMV, will be slight overlap more than a clash. So its not definite, as there are spaces to be filled, but not too many that'd affect higher positions.

I was expecting Paramore, MAstodon and Porcupine Tree in that announcement.

And yes, Y&T are a band I wanna get into actually.

Brilliant band, you won't be disappointed. Formed the same year as Van Halen but their debut album came out in 1976, two years before VH's. I can hear similarities between the two, but having the all studio releases from both I'd definatley say Y&T are the more consistent..in fact I highly rate all their stuff.

Great mixture of genres in the confirmed acts. I'm happy anyway. :D

There's still another 60ish bands to be announced (based on last years total) and there could be some great finds in there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Think this was asked earlier in the thread, can anyone tell me what the bars and bar prices are like in the festival arena? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

from looking at the line-up i'd say I would visit the main stage once..for Lamb of God.

Second stage much much better :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

from looking at the line-up i'd say I would visit the main stage once..for Lamb of God.

Second stage much much better :D:D

pity about the crapy second stage then.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

Looking forward to the announcement later,hopefully it woont be as weak as the last one!!Last year was amazing,brown camp was some craic!!!!

grimm2005 wrote: »

Or as is states on the link the next band annoucements is at 6pm! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

fluke wrote: »
    Or as is states on the link the next band annoucements is at 6pm! :D

jeez, easy to make you laugh!

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    jeez, easy to make you laugh!

:rolleyes: Why so serious?