Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian shoes

• 25-01-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I hope someone can help me.

I am in search of a really "decent" shoe shop..either around Dublin city or Cork city.
    When I say "decent" I mean that I am unable to wear the usual high street shoes like Barrets, Schuh, Faith, Dunnes, Pennys, Carl Scarpa etc etc.
    I have had a history of bunions (plus operations) because my feet just can't take anything that is not soft quality leather.
    But I also desperately want to wear shoes that are fashionable ie. high heels, pointy-ish toes.
    I currently own 2 pairs of Italian high-heeled boots (made in Italy, but bought in UK & USA) and these are the only footwear that I can currently use without getting blisters, cuts etc. as the leather is really soft and snug. (So as you can see, I always look forward to the winter-time!)
    I have never, however, been able to find the equivalent in shoes. The leather is always much too hard and unyielding for my feet.
    Since I know that Italian-made shoes are likely to be my best option, and to save me a trip to Italy, does anyone know of a shop that sells a good selection of fashionable Italian made (or French made) women's shoes in either Dublin or Cork?

Your help would be much appreciated by myself and my feet!;)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

Hi Teddybear,

You could try Fitzpatricks on Grafton street, it is very pricey but they do very good quality italian shoes, they have a sale at the moment so you might find something at a more reasonable price. Also maybe try Bufflo on Exchequer street, I have some very good all leather shoes from there.

Other than that would you try Clarks? They have much more fashionable styles these days and while they aren't really that cheap any shoes I've bought there have always lasted me very well.

Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TeddyBear7

Thank you Lorem Ipsum.
    I'll give them a try.

Unfortunately, Clarks just don't work for my feet. I think maybe my feet are too wide at the top and too flat to find Clarks comfortable - it just leads to lots of rubbing and soreness.

Does anyone out there know anywhere in Cork as I'm there this weekend?

Advertisement