Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stick advice

Options
  • 25-01-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i just gots me a stick its a hory ex 2 .............. now i suck with it but i didnt expect to pick it up right away but ill give it time , no raging demon on command or even bnb combos and a sore wrist to boot

if i give up on it and gave it a good seein over with new buttons and the like think i could make my money back, would anyone pay say 80 or 90 for a custom stick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The EX2 is a hassle to mod, and I'd only recommend it if you know what you're doing.

Also, have you tried using shortcuts etc?

Try Lord of Ultima's tutorials: *Linky*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 homemadextc

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The EX2 is a hassle to mod, and I'd only recommend it if you know what you're doing.

Also, have you tried using shortcuts etc?

Try Lord of Ultima's tutorials: *Linky*
    meh im gonning to mod it ive used a soldering iron before but im looking for a guide of sort before i open it up any links for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah I used this guide, its very good. Also, I used a few short cuts! But if you can solder well you won't need the shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I got the same xtc - lord of ultimas bits are great though - the two and three input demons are great - the crouching shoryukens are great too. That said my execution has gotten **** recently - damn the coordination :D

P.s. while you're here, whats your general game plan with akuma? I find I swing between suppression against the likes of ken and zangief but that aside I follow no overall pattern which is a tad dumb - any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

joconnell wrote: »
    that aside I follow no overall pattern which is a tad dumb - any tips?

You have to play it on a player by player basis. Use the first round to feel out if your opponent has any patterns or relies on you being aggressive or defensive to get the upper hand. Note their reactions to things you do. You may lose the first round but that doesn't matter as you should have an idea of their play style by the second.

If they like to be defensive, then you play defensive (and vice versa for aggressive), force them out of their comfort zone.

Match-up specific knowledge can only take you so far.

This being said, good players will be analysing you as much as you are them. The only winning approach then is to hope you can adapt faster, and don't have any obvious patterns they can punish.

I find recording my own matches then watching them back and imagining I was playing against myself is a good way to see flaws in how I played the match.

joconnell wrote: »
    I got the same xtc - lord of ultimas bits are great though - the two and three input demons are great - the crouching shoryukens are great too. That said my execution has gotten **** recently - damn the coordination :D

P.s. while you're here, whats your general game plan with akuma? I find I swing between suppression against the likes of ken and zangief but that aside I follow no overall pattern which is a tad dumb - any tips?
    following no set pattern meh if its working for you then do it , although following a set pattern is ok too i mean for example if something is working against your opponent repeat until he beats it, dont just do something else and let him of the hook...... his inability to stop you gives you the right to do it repeatidly

which is the mentality i adopt and why good players cant pick me apart ie; i spam to get a knock down then cross up,ultra trap etc. the basics really i am average and not the best example to follow which is why im really getting into the stick now

my ground game is improving although my focusing out of attacks is almost none existant

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

which is the mentality i adopt and why good players cant pick me apart

could you elaborate i mean surely a good player would beat a repititive set up with ease on the second or third attempt of the set up,
    gimmicks usually only get you so far

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

meducation wrote: »
    could you elaborate i mean surely a good player would beat a repititive set up with ease on the second or third attempt of the set up,

I'll abuse a pattern until I'm stopped abusing it. Then I will try to adapt from having seen how my opponent plays while under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

I'll abuse a pattern until I'm stopped abusing it. Then I will try to adapt from having seen how my opponent plays while under pressure.

maybe i should try things more than once if they hit then the only thing i really rinse and repeat is throws.
    this could be the reason i have ZERO fireball game cos if they get past my zoning i give up on it and move to attacking:D

as far as getting confident playing on stick all that takes is time and perseverence

• Advertisement

meducation wrote: »
    i meant to write "can pick me apart" lol yeah good players avoid my obvious setups with ease and stomp on me

Advertisement