Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

outlook express

• 25-01-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

hi all

i have an email account set up on my computer through outlook express.i am trying to setup the same email on my laptop for when iam on the go, but iam having a little trouble.

the laptop is vista and its using windows mail,the setup is fine until i get to user name and password when i enter my user name and password it wont except it.

is there i specific user name password i need ?? it keeps prompting me to enter these when i try to send and recieve.it will send mail but wont log in to recieve mail.

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Dreamtime wrote: »
    hi all

i have an email account set up on my computer through outlook express.i am trying to setup the same email on my laptop for when iam on the go, but iam having a little trouble.

the laptop is vista and its using windows mail,the setup is fine until i get to user name and password when i enter my user name and password it wont except it.

is there i specific user name password i need ?? it keeps prompting me to enter these when i try to send and recieve.it will send mail but wont log in to recieve mail.

any advice appreciated

Need more Info!

Who is the email provider?

Who is your Internet provider?

Basically, if you have the following it should work no problem

Username & password

POP settings

SMTP settings

And in cases like Gmail you need to enable POP in the Gmail Web account & tic the boxes for both Incoming & outgoing for "This server requires secure connection (SSL)" in the "Advanced TAB in the account properties of Outlook Express.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

i got it sorted,found the password i required.thanks for the reply

Advertisement