Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Claims Bonus question

• 25-01-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

I had a NCB of 5 years up to August 2007, i then moved abroad for 2 years, cancelled my insurance, and didnt have insurance in my name since(car was insured in husbands name, and anyone with full licence can drive it)
    Now im trying to get insurance here again, but am being told my NCB has expired as its been 2 years since i last held insurance in my name.
    However, i just realised i was a named driver on my parents insurance from July - Nov 2009, And on my sisters policy from Dec til present, would this have protected my NCB from expiry? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I don't think so, TBH. Best thing is to try every ins co and a good selection of brokers, somebody may be prepared to give you a decent introductory NCB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Introductory NCB?! Never even knew there was such a thing!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Introductory NCB?! Never even knew there was such a thing!:eek:
    There are all sorts of things, with all sorts of names. All that matters to you, though, is the policy and the price.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They are 2 different things OP. Your bonus will not be recognised by most (if any) insurer two years after it expired and you would need 12 months consecutive named driving on another policy to get an introductory bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I was unaware that NCB's could expire...If I stop driving for 2 years I have to start building one again? This is news to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Unfortunately its the case with most if not all insurers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

you can keep your ncb from expiring it costs about 20 euro a year ,dont have a link to back it up sorry but ring insurance company and they should be able to explain it

Advertisement