Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland current card/laser card transactions

Options
  • 25-01-2010 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Looking at my account on line and cannot make out or remember many of the transactions. It gives no info atall. As somebody who travels a lot and withdraws money I find this very annoying. Anybody could or have been skimming my account etc. Compared to my partners Ulster bank statements it's a joke. Ringing them involves them telling me it will take apx2 days to investigate each one!!!

I don't really want to change due to the hassle etc but has anybody else had these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

jinka wrote: »
    Looking at my account on line and cannot make out or remember many of the transactions. It gives no info atall. As somebody who travels a lot and withdraws money I find this very annoying. Anybody could or have been skimming my account etc. Compared to my partners Ulster bank statements it's a joke. Ringing them involves them telling me it will take apx2 days to investigate each one!!!

I don't really want to change due to the hassle etc but has anybody else had these issues?

I am with BOI and the transaction value shows up immediately within a few mins of doing the laser transaction in a shop. It takes about 2 days for the shop to show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

jinka wrote: »

I also travel all over Europe for work and have a BoI account - never had a problem reconciling account (which I access online daily) or submitting my monthly expenses to employer based upon bank statements.

Do you not keep your receipts for cash withdrawls and laser transactions? Then compare to the on line statement - even if the withdrawl is dated 2 days later you can work out which is which and also how many withdrawls were made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What level of information are you looking for? It will give a foreign currency and conversion rate when taking out money, or making purchases, in a non-euro currency. If you keep receipts for your purchases/withdrawals, it should be relatively easy to track what's what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Sorry I should have said online info not my monthly statement. It's not coming up with any details just "cirrus" or "laser"transactions. As it was France this time it's euros also so not like it converts currency either to make it obvious. It's pretty annoyiing as my partners online transactions give full details.She can click into each transaction ,whereas the BOI 365 gives no details. Fair enough the obvious solution is to get a receipt for every transaction but I thought it should be pretty straightforward to give full details. However as its BOI im not atall surprised to be fair!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I was talking about online banking too. I often see details of the charge beside the Laser ref number.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It appears on my BOI a/c.

For example, if I spend €50 in Dunnes and pay by Laser, €50 will appear on my account almost instantly. About two days later, it will say something like 'Dunnes Dundalk ROI €50'.

It's the same with my Ulster Bank a/c.

Advertisement