Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling a Canadian Visa?!

• 25-01-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I applied for a visa today on the basis that my friend told me they dont charge your account until you've officially got the place. However, the card that I used which only had around €400 on it, the money on this card is now inaccessible for me.

My balance shows it on an ATM, but it is still inaccessible.

The USIT site says

"The programme fee of €399 is non-refundable except in the following cases:

1. You cancel or transfer to the J1 Work & Travel USA programme before midnight on 12 December 2008"

but the applications for the visas only came up on Jan 12th 2010.

Does anyone think I'll be able to get my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭spudmonkey17

According to the USIT website:

"You will also need a credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard/Laser) to pay your €399 programme fee, this fee includes the 'Canadian Government International Youth Programme Participation Fee' of CAD$150 (current rate in Euro is €100). Make sure that you have the security code number and all relevant details."

And:

"Please note: This fee is none refundable. The 'Canadian Government International Youth Programme Participation Fee' portion of the programme fee is refundable in cases where you cancel before your Work Authorisation documents has been issued. If you cancel after your documents have been submitted to the Canadian High Commission this fee will be refunded via them - only if your cancellation is received before they issue your documentation."

So, I'd say you'll be eligible to get the 'Canadian Government International Youth Programme Participation Fee' of €100 back but not the rest unfortunately...

Advertisement