Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

private numbers

• 25-01-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a problem and need some help :) i have been getting phone calls on my mobile for the last few weeks from a private number. when i answer there is no one on the other end, it's like it's automatic or something? i answered the other day and it was an automated voice asking me to press one to accept and then hung up!!

i'm getting about 8 calls a day...has anyone else experienced this type of thing??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Marketing crap normally. Dont press 1 if it asks you do. Sometimes they do that with competitions, where when you press 1 to accept the prize, you are diverting to a premium number and costs you a fortune.

Not much you can do but notify your network, than have the guards also investigate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 girlygirl1986

eh no it's not costing me anything to answer the call. I rang meteor and they said that because it's a private number and not costing me anything to answer it they can't do anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Report to network and gardai. They'll get to it when they can. Not much else you can do.

Some phones let you block private numbers or install programs to do it.

You could change your number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i have best blacklist installed on my phone. Phone automatically hangs up if a blocked number or a number not saved into my contacts tries ringing me. Handy thing to have.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 SpeechViewer

You can see private, withheld and blocked numbers for calls to your mobile here

www.iamaspammer.ie

Only works for Irish mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

You can see private, withheld and blocked numbers for calls to your mobile here

www.iamaspammer.ie

Only works for Irish mobiles

Lol @ €9.99 a month to use this service

Advertisement