Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instead of chasing your guy how can you get him to chase you ?

• 25-01-2010 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

The title is pretty self explanatory

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Usually by grabbing the xbox controller and running away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jclarke

Funny.. how can you get them really thinking about you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Don't chase ffs. Simply say "I like you. Wanna go out on a date?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Don't bother - they are not capable of it... It takes a long time of training and hard work.

oops sorry, I forgot we were talking about men and not dogs :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jclarke wrote: »
    Funny.. how can you get them really thinking about you !

Well, are you currently going out with him, or is it someone you would like to go out with?

• Advertisement

See the thing is we are three years on valentines day so its not asking him out on a date thats the problem its getting him to be more intrested ! alot more !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

That my dear is a question for all womankind.

Honestly? Don't play mind games, don't play "hard to get". Just be yourself. Playing games should be kept to the playground, not a persons heart/mind. If he likes you he'll let you know in due time.

Edit: Didn't see that you were already going out. He's with you 3 years, he's already interested? I dunno Lingerie? It always worked a treat for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

See the thing is we are three years on valentines day so its not asking him out on a date thats the problem its getting him to be more intrested ! alot more !

Have you tried pulling his hair? Always works for me :pac:

Interested in general, or interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It does not take much for a guy to chase a girl the thing is to keep him chaseing. Personally i think you should start by telling him that you would like to be chased. That the spark is needed.

You can then play the game and leave him notes as to what you would like him to do. You catch the jist. If that does not work I think all is lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

You need a date night. A night with just you and him that you go out and talk and look at each other. No laptops, no friends, if possible just you him and dinner.

The idea is to talk to each other with no distractions. What brought you two together? What did you like about each other? Do you still feel a spark for him? If you do, show it. Bring out the same in him. And if that sounds like work, well, that is the delightful challenge you have set yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Lol funny girls v funny

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Silverfish wrote: »
    Well she's got me interested for that post alone and I even know she's spoken for. Though chasing seems like such effort.... :D

Walls post nailed it IMHO

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ask him out, even for coffee, arrange all of it where when and pay for the coffee, only spend 2 hours in his company, have other plans arranged, make sure he has your number and have a fun time and then wait for him to call you and arrange a longer date in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

The things I wanted to say have already been said, just tell him how you feel, if he then wants to 'chase' you fine if he doesn't fine. In my experience guys don't take hints very well, they do much better if you just tell them things straight.

I want to be able to thank posts again:(
    Silverfish wrote: »

Screw it .. il have to think of my own way to keep him on his toes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

To start a chase someone has to runaway.

where too? they wudnt come after u anyway to lazy

where too? they wudnt come after u anyway to lazy

Distance covers more than geography.

ehmm ?

ehmm ?

Follow thaed's instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Hobo Sapiens

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Ask him out, even for coffee, arrange all of it where when and pay for the coffee, only spend 2 hours in his company, have other plans arranged, make sure he has your number and have a fun time and then wait for him to called you and arrange a longer date in the evening.

"... wait for him to called you and ..."

Is it too much to ask to read your response before posting?

(I suppose, because your're a mod, that you're going to ban me now.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I'm not a mod of this forum.
    I did read and spell check that post but some times I loose the war on my dyslexia.

i actually liked your spelling...HA

Hobo Sapiens, if you have nothing to contribute to the topic, please don't post.

get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Sorry but I don't think the ladies really know how to get a man to chase you. Maybe he doesn't want to anymore? If he does and he's not looking for a way out and he's just lazy (as I've been guilty of in the past) then there's no harm in the odd mind game. Be aloof, dress differently maybe, get him thinking...act like you're busy with friends etc. Probably shouldn't take that but, it'd work for me. :o

get a life.

I suggest you read the charter, someone posting just to pick someone up on their spelling, and telling a mod to 'get a life' - these things are not acceptable on this forum.

Thanks.

ok buddy ole pal

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

moocat wrote: »
    In my experience guys don't take hints very well, they do much better if you just tell them things straight.

:(

As a guy I find it amusing to ignore hints from ladies. The reason its amusing is the hints are like an anvil being dropped on your toes and the fact you don't react....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

As a guy I find it amusing to ignore hints from ladies. The reason its amusing is the hints are like an anvil being dropped on your toes and the fact you don't react....:D

My friends are like that with their boyfriends too, I find it quite funny that they cant come straight out and ask for whatever it is they want!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

jclarke please get a general feel for this forum and read the charter before posting again. It's not youtube/4chan. To that end have two days away to do that. Thanks.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭SubrbanOblivion

That's easy enough- don't be so available. Get out, do things. Spend time with your friends. Take up a hobby. Do anything other than waiting around for him.

Guys can't chase what is standing there waiting for them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

My friends are like that with their boyfriends too, I find it quite funny that they cant come straight out and ask for whatever it is they want!

Thats a fact, if my girlfriend applied the same level of subtlety to other aspects of her life she'd be throwing a brick through the window instead of ringing the doorbell to announce her arrival!:D

IMO Keeping your man keen (as long as he still fancies you) is fairly easy.
    Don't play games, ever.
    Don't appear needy, or jealous.
    Don't contact him 5 times a day just to see how he is.
    Don't get in a huff if things aren't going your way.
    Chill, relax, have fun, enjoy life and be yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Don't play games, ever.

Very true. The best way to keep a man interested is to be the kind of person a man would be interested in. Independent, not needy or clingy, straightforward, mature, laid-back... the kind of person you'd like to be friends with yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Don't play games, ever.

yep because if I/we want to play games wel play are ps3s / xbox360s.....:)

if more women whre like you whoopsi.....the world would be far more nicer :cool:

if more women whre like you whoopsi.....the world would be far more nicer :cool:

ahhh, if only I was that type of woman :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I dunno maybe I am old fashioned or something but if one of you is chasing the other after three years maybe tha alarm bells should go off.

At three years I should imagine that you'd be at the stage that you could talk to each other about these things, so if you're feeling neglected or taken for granted it might be worth sitting down and just saying it

ahhh, if only I was that type of woman :pac:

Your such a kidder:pac:

I just thuaght of something....

Chasing some one is a really bad word or example to follow when getting to know some It just seems very, 1 sided. I dunno if a s/he is chasing why? thrill? Be needed or maybe something more sinister....
    Either way if I like a girl I'm not going to run around like a blue arsed fly sounds kinda selfish.....to me....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement