Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Election Candidates - Mod Warning post 196

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Who wrote 'no 9am lectures' on the footbridge?

I'm sure I saw it walking over earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Think it was somebody called 'Gav' who's not getting a vote because his name's bleedin everywhere.
    Unless it was that Tuohy fella who's also not getting a vote because his name's starting to appear in chalk as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

mickstupp wrote: »
    I agree. But after an hour in the Arts block today I had seven of the things in front of me. Then the guy came around for another pass and actually tried to give me more! What is wrong with these people? The person with the USI tshirt tried it too. Three or four leaflets on every table and he tries to stick down more.

MUPPETS.
    I find that really annoying, if I'm interested in reading a leaflet I'll go to them. I've gotten quite good at dodging them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubz13

Quick question- the girl with the tits out, does she have any policies or manifesto? I can't find it anywhere and I want to know more about her before I vote for her! Sweet photos tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

dubz13 wrote: »
    Quick question- the girl with the tits out, does she have any policies or manifesto? I can't find it anywhere and I want to know more about her before I vote for her! Sweet photos tho

I've been looking for one, but haven't found it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Does she by any chance, want World peace?

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Who cares what she wants, pics or gtfo :D:p

Sigh, should've known you lot wouldn't get that reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TheeItcha

mickstupp wrote: »
    I agree. But after an hour in the Arts block today I had seven of the things in front of me. Then the guy came around for another pass and actually tried to give me more! What is wrong with these people? The person with the USI tshirt tried it too. Three or four leaflets on every table and he tries to stick down more.

MUPPETS.

Add some form of personality to it tbf.

Muppets is more than harsh

Not really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TheeItcha

Not really.

Yes really

Sigh, should've known you lot wouldn't get that reference.
    You're referring to a certain youtube video I presume ;)

TheeItcha wrote: »
    Yes really

Naaah. I mean if they were annoying him and overloading him with leaflets, in HIS reality, they were muppets. Thus making it a fair term.

cian1500ww wrote: »
    You're referring to a certain youtube video I presume ;)

Actually no, Miss Congeniality!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

She had a manifesto up on facebook I believe, but it seems to have disappeared...

Also, I (somehow) forgot to mention the Irish Officer post, would have had Naoise as a shoe-in before reading the booklet today, his entire manifesto in English :eek:

Not on, loses my vote for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

General consensus around the table in my apartment this evening appears to be Aengus for prez, James for Welfare, and Rob for Comms/Dev, Declan for Finance and a mixture for the rest. It's pretty exciting this year, I'm actually going to vote for once :pac:

I also heard a few interesting stories about certain people getting suspended for writing up people's manifestos on SU time. Allegedly of course. Although I imagine people don't pay much heed to my gossip after the last time lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Actually no, Miss Congeniality!

I got it...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

Salutations all!

Nice to see that today was an entertaining day on the canvass. Just to let you know that the Student Observer will be uploading its blogs on each Presidential candidate at some stage tomorrow. Keep an eye out also for posts on V.P positions and U.S.I also. If you're lucky, a round up of the other exec positions will be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 circa1990

irish_goat wrote: »
    Will agree with Barnhallbull there, whilst the common room catches people who may not normally go to hustings and has plenty of room if it's not filled with people interested in the elections its easy for chatter to drown out the speakers and it stops people who just want to use it as normal. Perhaps a small lecture theatre could be used next year?.

There is an actual election handbook, I know as I gave it to all the candidates last year and I also re-wrote it. Grace hasn't given it out this year, I dunno why, its the usual status quo.

To be honest, I think this years campaigns have gone completely out of control. i dont think any of the candidates know whether they're coming or going. This has in turn led to full scale smear campaigns being launched by candidates on facebook (ie conor curley on declan meenagh). It really wouldnt have been that difficult to change the date and signatory on last year's candidate handbook. Also it means she has no constitutional standing if a candidate lodges a complaint as there are no current election regulations

*note to all candidates, do what ever you want because technically, nobody can police you*

Also, Aidan (or Ataxia), please don't put words in my mouth. I never once said I would be an awesome RO just because I did politics, but then again, you weren't involved with the SU last year at all or with anything I was doing so you're just making false and misleading accusations. You have no idea what I did last year, so please, in future, get your facts in order before you come on boards and slate somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

circa1990 wrote: »
    Also, Aidan (or Ataxia), please don't put words in my mouth. I never once said I would be an awesome RO just because I did politics, but then again, you weren't involved with the SU last year at all or with anything I was doing so you're just making false and misleading accusations. You have no idea what I did last year, so please, in future, get your facts in order before you come on boards and slate somebody.

Notice that I didn't actually accuse you of being a bad RO. I left it up to other people to decide whether you, for example, had no idea how proportional representation works and messed up the count, or if you did a really good job. Obviously, since I wasn't involved in SU politics last year I would have no way of knowing which of those was the case, because no-one ever talks about last years elections...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Fantastic night last night. Cheers to all the boardsies I met (esp Irish Goat, jp Carlow, and Funky Penguin) for the campaigning. I'm absolutely wrecked. Lecture addresses and canvassing in JH today, and the common room and mature students room. Gonna be a tough fight:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubz13

I had a look at her personal FB page (I couldnt find a campaign one) and someone had asked what she was going to do if she got it- she replied 'magic'.* When the girl replied saying, 'no seriously' she got no answer.

Personally she just seems like a waste of votes that could be going to someone else. I'm stuck between Pat or Lou, Cat's strong FF policies are turning me off a bit. Otherwise she's not too bad but I wouldn't give her no.1.

*It's not Hogwarts love

The_observer banned for advertising.

If I have to repeat myself about advertising or anyone else fails to read the charter, there will be permabans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

banquo wrote: »
    Fantastic night last night. Cheers to all the boardsies I met (esp Irish Goat, jp Carlow, and Funky Penguin) for the campaigning. I'm absolutely wrecked. Lecture addresses and canvassing in JH today, and the common room and mature students room. Gonna be a tough fight:)
    cheers

still wish i was in time for a tshirt though

and i do beleive you finally met K4T last night...he was delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

The_observer banned for advertising.

If I have to repeat myself about advertising or anyone else fails to read the charter, there will be permabans.

Ban the shillers too please Modabeez??:D

K4T = lovely guy. Bang on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Learn something new everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Having met you in person, I really do hope you succeed on wednesday.
    Learn something new everyday.
    Ha!

Exec hustings. Won't be much updates from me ( on iPod ) but Declan just got an amazing round of applause for his speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

All I have to say is that Declan Meenagh is an absolute legend...

POST IT NOTES ALL THE WAY!

Thanks everyone who turned up to hustings today and gave me a woop woop! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement