Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Election Candidates - Mod Warning post 196

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Hi Everyone,
    Yes I am running for finance. I'm trying to build a manifesto around suggestions made by students. Here's my fan page on Facebook. The issues I am looking at are:
    -Transparency,
    -Ents,
    -Sponsorship,
    -Public debates on fees.

What do people think about bebo? Is it dead, or should I have a fan page there too? I haven't used it in over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

Your platform is very close close to Marks. Although he is running for welfare,

EDIT Marks Manifesto;

I will ensure the finance, education and well being of each student on every level is provided for. My campaign will centre on ‘fixing’ some truths that you, the students, have brought to my attention.

The truth is that the recent cutbacks have affected the standard of education in this college greatly.
    -As VP/Welfare I will campaign to restore tutorials and prevent time-table clashes.

The truth is that students are not made aware of the support systems available.
    - I will endeavour to ensure that students are made more aware by providing information on supplemental student welfare such as grants etc

The truth is that now more than ever the college has to be open about how it spends our money.
    -Improving the standard of welfare does not have to mean spending more money. I hope that greater transparency will lead to better allocation of money.

Vote for a Maynooth you deserve. Vote for Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

First of all I've submitted the nomination at 1 today, possibly the first one to be back. Thanks to all 70 people who signed it.
    I've expanded on the points I made yesterday, I think they are sufficiently different from Mark's.
    This is still an early version, so please leave comments and suggestions on facebook.
    ==Manifesto==
    -Ents
    I feel events in the union are too expensive, so I'll look into getting sponsorship to reduce prices.
    -Fees and Support
    The debate about college fees isn't over. The current system of supports in inadequate. I plan to organize a series of public debates to inform students of these issues and run campaigns to improve student welfare.
    -Transparency
    I want to publish a list of income and expenditure in every edition of The Print.
    -Clubs and Socs Funding
    I want to work with the relevant officers to help clubs and societies explore other options of funding including sponsorship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karlsmith88

Gavin Brady(Gav) will be running for president, tall rugby looking guy. and a small tubby dude sharky his nickname is also.
    No campaigns can be started til the 16th of feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Does he always capitalise his GAVness?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Does he always capitalise his GAVness?
    that was me, pressed "capital" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Gav for President

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Hi Boardsies.

I am officially a candidate now. Handed in my nomination form first thing this morning and thank to everyone who did me the honour of nominating me for President.

Much Love,
    Aengus Ó Maoláin (leopoldbloom)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Gav for President

Very informative post, that.

Congrats Leopold Bloom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I'm waiting to see all the candidates before making my mind up tbh.

'Ah sure I'll vote for yer mate lol' = sucky careerist SU every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

amazing how many people do it though...

There's a few like that running this year. Met one guy running for comms who had absolutely no idea what the job entails, same with one of the welfare candidates.

Oneka (ran for comms) last year said at hustings that she wanted to work closely with the editor of the magazine. Sigh.

Stupid Facebook keeps crashing when I go to create my group.

/tries again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

banquo wrote: »
    Stupid Facebook keeps crashing when I go to create my group.

/tries again later
    banquo, are you running for something? I heard your name mentioned a few times but I wasn't sure if you actually were.

I wonder what would happen if all the sabbats elected were boardsies? *strokes imaginary beard*

banquo, are you running for something? I heard your name mentioned a few times but I wasn't sure if you actually were.

I wonder what would happen if all the sabbats elected were boardsies? *strokes imaginary beard*

That would be pretty funny alright ;)

Thunderbirds are go. It's up. Manifesto and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

You'll get my vote, banquo. Best of luck.

p.s. Were you at the train station last thursday evening? Think it was you I saw..

Don't think I was there, possibly though. About what time? Always approach me, would love someone to talk to at the train station!

/scratches head

Don't think I was there, possibly though. About what time? Always approach me, would love someone to talk to at the train station!

/scratches head
    Oh right maybe it was your doppleganger.......you asked some chap for a cigarrette>?

• Advertisement

K4t wrote: »
    Oh right maybe it was your doppleganger.......you asked some chap for a cigarrette>?

Ha! Definitely not me :) Stayed in for a quiet night with the gf on Thursday... (just consulted pocket calendar)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Cigs are bad, banquo knows that!

Ha! Definitely not me :) Stayed in for a quiet night with the gf on Thursday... (just consulted pocket calendar)
    Oh dear...:pac:

It's on my iPod! Not an actual calendar :D

/tries to hide actual pocket calendar, fumbles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Voila! ("That's French for "ta-da"!"-Marge Simpson)

My campaign page:D

Great manifesto. AND you got the name of the job right, unlike every other candidate!

What dashing, dreamy genius designed your poster? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Thunderbirds are go. It's up. Manifesto and all.

THAT's BANQUO? I was only pretending to be his freind in real life.

lol, he knows I'm kidding:o

(I'm not kidding!:mad:) etc...

Got my vote anywayz, and I believe my chest as well, (for campaign T-shirt wearing) and I normally dont believe in using people as signposts to do stuff, nor that politics is worth doing, so a Tshirt with a political message is way out of my comfort zone.

well, that's enough out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Liz Murray

Hi all,

Just wanted to announce here that I am running for re-election! :) Check out the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liz-Murray-for-VP-Wefare-Education-1011/455138310371?v=info . My full manifesto will be up soon, please feel free to contact me if ye have any further questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them

Love
    Liz xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

And so it begins. Welcome to Boards, countless new members who will sign up just to plug their campaigns. o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Doen't bother me so long as they remember this forum if/when they get elected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement