Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Election Candidates - Mod Warning post 196

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

My guesses are:

Aengus for prez (fingers crossed, in fairness)
    Louise for ents
    Naoise for Irish/Cult

Don't like the sound of that cait hoban one at all. I could be wrong about her, but in fairness ''meh I'm cait'' doesn't exactly inspire the greatest of confidences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Sounds good neither on paper nor in actuality. Trust me.
    Loving the highly charged political atmosphere tbh, can't imagine some of them will leave their partys at the door though:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

There's another chap runnin for Irish officer but for the life of me I haven't a notion how to spell his name but its prounounced "Qwee-veen O' Qway-lahn".

[/northern education fail]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Caoimhin O - Whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheManHimself

well I'm new to all this Boards stuff and I just joined to get the gossip on the SU elections. I'd like to wish everyone well and....... lets hope its a bloodthirsty contest!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

Yeah he's a close friend of Naoise and fellow law student :) hope he actually runs. he's unsure atm

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Caoimhin O - Whatever?

Aww I know how to spell that, we pronounce Caoimhin as "Kee-vin" up north though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Hi boards.ies. Just launched my manifesto online, I'd love a bit of feedback, or even just to bump up my hit counter :P

http://aengus4president.wordpress.com/

Have an oul gawk.

More transparency in all aspects of SU operations.
    - The SU should operate on a strictly not for profit basis.

you've got my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Hi Guys,
    I've built a manifesto site at declanmeenagh.com
    I'm updating my poster on facebook now as well.
    Anyone got any questions or feedback, leave the on facebook, DM me or reply here, I'd love to hear them.

• Advertisement

It's after 10 - game on!

Vote Rob Munnelly for VP Communications and Development :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

As above, but it's actually a different day entirely now:

Vote James Boyle for VP/Education & Welfare Officer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Vote me for most awesome Irish guy on Erasmus in the Czech Republic! =p

Edit: Wait a min......I'm the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cjrh

banquo wrote: »
    My guesses are:

Don't like the sound of that cait hoban one at all. I could be wrong about her, but in fairness ''meh I'm cait'' doesn't exactly inspire the greatest of confidences.

i duno lads she probably waiting after 10pm last night before she posts anything... could be wrong but is facebook not a type of canvassing?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

cjrh wrote: »
    i duno lads she probably waiting after 10pm last night before she posts anything... could be wrong but is facebook not a type of canvassing?????
    Hmmm.... I wonder who you could possibly be?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

c stands for cait. And h for hoban and the middle two letters who knows :D

Met her today. She's actually alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cjrh

ha guys c corky h home i am damien, running for finance thats what i did waited until after last night jus a suggestion that she might have done the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Lifted from facebook - The list of candidates for Executive Elections 2010 :)

President:
    Aengus Ó Maoláin
    Gavin Brady
    Jason Whelan
    Michelle O Leary
    Tara Clarke

Vice-President Welfare:
    James Boyle
    Liz Murray
    Lydia Farrell
    Mark Duffy
    Mary Quinn

Vice-President Comms/Dev:
    David Tuohy
    Rob Munnelly

Finance Officer:
    Conor Curly
    Damien Gorman
    Declan Meenagh

Ents Officer:
    Barbara (Basia) Bekelska
    Catríona Hoban
    Louise Feaheny
    Pat Byrne

Cultural Affairs and Irish Officer:
    Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin
    Naoise Ó Cearúil

St. Pat’s Rep:
    Mícheál Hughes

Cultural Affairs and Irish Officer:
    Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin

Ahhhhh.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

What are the dates for the debates & voting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pretentiouslad

Rozabeez wrote: »
    "Meh this is Cait's Page as she is running for Ents Officer in Maynooth!"

Meh indeed, Cait.

This girl clearly doesn't take herself too seriously and is after getting slated for it... but shouldn't an entertainments candidate be a bit carefree? i was talking to her today, getting a bit of background, she seems to be quite hardworking, doing loadsa work for various organisations, I remember seeing her at a palestine meeting a while back actually with the curly headed chap! I wouldn't write off someone because they started their campaign with the word "meh"... if you actually bother looking for her and talking to her you'll probably walk away at the end satisfied and she'll have a vote secured as has just happened with me :)

Fianna Fail on boards now I see.:rolleyes:

My votes with Cait, she's organising a "Politics week" in March which is basically gonna involve debates, guest speakers and loads of inter political party fun and games. If she can organise all that for one week I'd trust her to organise SU events for a year.

Rob for comms, best manifesto by far out of all the election candidates!

Aengus for pres, we definitely need someone who has their head screwed on and isn't just in it for a laugh.

Haven't a baldies about Welfare tbh.

Damien Gorman for Finance, again, he has his head screwed on. Dunno the other candidates though.

I've met all the presidential candidates now, and Im sold on Aengus as the real deal for pres. Tbh. Still making up my mind on welfare and the rest.

RockRocks wrote: »
    Would you go grow a pair you doobs wearing p*nse! who the hell are you to be cursing around this about people. who gives two flying f**** if you where friends. your still a nobody and 4/5s of the college hate you so watch what you saying about people before somebody comes biting back!
    and dont worry many a things are said about you around the college and as far as calling somebody else two faced, your one to talk.....although i do agree with you that this Mark Duffy should win. he seems to be the only one that looks like he knows what he's doing.

Priceless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RockRocks

This girl clearly doesn't take herself too seriously and is after getting slated for it... but shouldn't an entertainments candidate be a bit carefree? i was talking to her today, getting a bit of background, she seems to be quite hardworking, doing loadsa work for various organisations, I remember seeing her at a palestine meeting a while back actually with the curly headed chap! I wouldn't write off someone because they started their campaign with the word "meh"... if you actually bother looking for her and talking to her you'll probably walk away at the end satisfied and she'll have a vote secured as has just happened with me :)

I agree bro/girl. think about it. its COLLEGE. go mad, get drunk,get laid,get more drunk......its the college social life. all of those things require a carefree mind. name anybody that would want a non carefree ents officer... the title should go to somebody who is always up for a laugh and someone who is way past carefree. ill dish out any money on it saying that a vote for cait wont be wasted. after all,Ents officer is in charge of organising the events on college where the social life begins! and from what i got from cait in the 25mins i spent talking to her i can safely say ill be voting for her

Would you go grow a pair you doobs wearing p*nse! who the hell are you to be cursing around this about people. who gives two flying f**** if you where friends. your still a nobody and 4/5s of the college hate you so watch what you saying about people before somebody comes biting back!
    and dont worry many a things are said about you around the college and as far as calling somebody else two faced, your one to talk.....although i do agree with you that this Mark Duffy should win. he seems to be the only one that looks like he knows what he's doing.

CTP5113.gif

This is exactly the kind of crap I've been talking about the last few days - fools with an agenda flitting on here with malicious intentions. BarryDooldles was just as bad, in fairness, but at least he's made the effort to:

(i) Not join boards.ie the day after campaigning starts
    (ii) post in a forum other than this one and in the thread devoted to election candidates

I joined the Cait Hoban for Ents Officer Group on facebook because I wanted to get an all round view of the candidates before making my decision. About 1 o clock today I got this in my fb inbox:

59854.jpg

Honesty and fairness are things I value very highly. I like boards.ie, and I really like our little NUIM forum. Please don't **** it up.

Note how I can make a point without calling you names. See picture no. 1 for further details.

I agree bro/girl. think about it. its COLLEGE. go mad, get drunk,get laid,get more drunk......its the college social life. all of those things require a carefree mind. name anybody that would want a non carefree ents officer... the title should go to somebody who is always up for a laugh and someone who is way past carefree. ill dish out any money on it saying that a vote for cait wont be wasted. after all,Ents officer is in charge of organising the events on college where the social life begins! and from what i got from cait in the 25mins i spent talking to her i can safely say ill be voting for her

Some organizational skills/event management competence would help - I dont know anything about her, but you need more than good intentions to pull it off.

• Advertisement

and from what i got from cait in the 25mins i spent talking to her i can safely say ill be voting for her

At the committee meeting yeah?:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement