Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Election Candidates - Mod Warning post 196

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Well it's definitely entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Clever lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Seeing as some of the events organised by ents in the past few months have included semi-nude girls jelly wrestling, female pole dancers and sex games, this shouldn't be shocking or controversial at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

At least she's attractive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

K4t wrote: »
    Seeing as some of the events organised by ents in the past few months have included semi-nude girls jelly wrestling, female pole dancers and sex games, this shouldn't be shocking or controversial at all..

Hear hear! Even though she's my oppponent I agree that sex shouldn't- but does sell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hear hear! Even though she's my oppponent I agree that sex shouldn't- but does sell!
    It's a university election, and those who do bother to vote in university elections will not base their vote on anything to do with sexuality imo. *please no abortion debate, pleaseeee*:pac:

It's a university election, and those who do bother to vote in university elections will not base their vote on anything to do with sexuality imo. *please no abortion debate, pleaseeee*:pac:

ah come on! we all know that boobs=votes! i hate to admit it, but if hilary clinton had whipped out her baps obama wouldnt have stood a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

ah come on! we all know that boobs=votes! i hate to admit it, but if hilary clinton had whipped out her baps obama wouldnt have stood a chance!

No She Wouldn't.

No She Wouldn't.

That was a really bad example..... :)

• Advertisement

Are you takin the piss? Hot girls (and guys, for that matter) get elected in SU's up and down the country every year. :P

Some reasons:

First off, hot girl candidates are more likely to be able to convince gullible guys into campaigning for them.
    Second of all, hot candidates and campaigners attract people who may not normally vote to stop and chat with them. Drunk guys on a night out will love to hear about a hot candidates opinions on tuition fees if she's got her boobs out and the next day they just might go vote for her.
    Third of all, we have a natural disposition towards attractive people.
    Fourthly, if you go to vote for one particular position and then skim through the rest of them the hot people are going to stand out in your mind and are more likely to get your vote.

Don't be naive and think every student voter puts serious thought into it.

Pat for Ents.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=nf&gid=325002272355
    I want the fame, and the power. Also, I can bring peace, prosperity, equality, justice, fulfillment, hope and love to the people of NUIM

O...k... Pat.

And with that, I am off to bed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

That is one hot campaign poster. Where can I find this chick? So I can, er, press her on the issues :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ugh. Shes hot, but my god that really grinds my gears.

*insert joke about grinding*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I really am no prude, but I don't like that at all. The same pose with a different slogan may have elicited a different reaction from me, but the combination of that slogan with that pose is humourless and a bit crude in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

More jokes about grinding!

I saw your new election poster rob. You've lovely legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

ooooh bebe

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

This Pat for Ents Guys manifesto is brilliant.
    "Gingers have souls. Lets prove it."
    "This year's "The Gathering" is a great idea, bringing the festival atmosphere right into the heart of the college experience. I see this as an annual event"

I saw his page... yer wan Basia (hot as she may be) is going mental at him about the mystery tour thing on his wall. Other than her lack of coherent spelling and correct punctuation her immature attitude and how she's picking at minor details of his manifesto are putting me off.

Also, who's this Lydia wan? I haven't seen/heard anything about her other than her graffitti all over campus. Seriously, wrecking the campus by writing your name in huge colourful letters all over the ground in Chalk is not gonna make me vote for you, the place looks a mess now.

• Advertisement

I saw his page... yer wan Basia (hot as she may be) is going mental at him about the mystery tour thing on his wall. Other than her lack of coherent spelling and correct punctuation her immature attitude and how she's picking at minor details of his manifesto are putting me off.

Christ I just read his page, she is nuts!

Though has a point about the mystery tour, there's no sense in the SU organising it as effectively it's encouraging student punters out of the SU and sending them off to spend their dosh elsewhere.

At vp welfare hustings. James and liz are funny and smart.

Usi:

mark duffy says yes,
    liz thinks we should spend the 40k here in nuim instead,
    Mary Quinn is 'on the fence', as is Lydia. Lydia talked about how important it is to fight for stuff. Fluffed the question, basically.
    James Boyle is for joining usi.

On lack of food facilities:

Mary Quinn wants more vegetarian food.
    Lydia wants to ensure healthy, vegetarian food on campus. Down with chips and curry sauce.
    James hates the food on campus, hates the total lack of options.
    Liz would like somewhere that actually serves food, and wants to make sure that the people building the canteen get the finger out and get it done quickly.
    Mark says that we need to ask the services to provide good food, because the have no idea that people want more options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

banquo wrote: »
    On lack of food facilities:

Mary Quinn wants more vegetarian food.
    Lydia wants to ensure healthy, vegetarian food on campus. Down with chips and curry sauce.

James hates the food on campus, hates the total lack of options.
    Liz would like somewhere that actually serves food, and wants to make sure that the people building the canteen get the finger out and get it done quickly.
    Mark says that we need to ask the services to provide good food, because the have no idea that people want more options.
    that gets my thumbs up

On education:

Liz says she's been working on fixing the career centre,
    mark mentions the fiasco with lecture clashes, etc.
    Lydia says that it's about promotion, that people know that there's a welfare officer, and that we could extend the maths support centre,
    James wants all depts to have class reps since only about 20% attend. Also that lecturers would know who made an education related complaint with just one class rep per class, so we should get a suggestion box.

iPod died, on laptop.

Missed a bunch of questions.

Question about Pink Training. Liz didn't go because she's not gay so she passed the opportunity on to Lydia, who couldn't go because she was sick.

James Boyle says you should go because there's loads of stuff to learn, guests speakers on sexual health, and it's good craic.

What's the SU's position on Bertie as guest lecturer and honorary professor:

Liz: The SU isn't there to impose political views on people. We took it to union Council, which is democratically elected, and it was voted on by the student representatives that there was no objection to it.

As education officer: What is your position on the (I'm paraphrasing now) total failure to give us our ****ing grant money and the high registration fee, and where that fee goes:

Mark Duffy: We need to know where our goddamn money is going, I'm all for transparency. Let's show the students where the money goes so we know it's going towards college facilities.

Liz: I have some serious issues with how some colleges are spend the money that is raised from the increase in the student services charge. It should be going to the Union so we can get better stuff for students, but college is using it to replace the money that they're losing from somewhere else (banquo: I can't remember, but she knew what it was)

Mary: (verbatim) I'll represent you, that's kinda basic, it needs to be done.

Lydia: Union is working on verifying the facts before we act on anything, and I will continue this work. The student services fee isn't being spent on student services, and we need to make sure that it goes back to students.

James: I'm totally against this misuse of the student services charge.

On biggest mistakes of last year's vp welfare:

Mark: Liz has done great work in the access office, but first years don't have enough information.

Lydia: I'm not going to start critiqueing anyone else, and Liz has done some great work and I'd love to continue it.

James: This is a difficult question, but some events weren't published that well. I will commend Liz on her job so far though.

Mary: Welfare Group didn't really take off, and that's something I'd like to take up and really ''make go'' (verbatim, lol)

Liz: I wish I'd had more skills at the time so I could have publicised things myself. The majority of the work you do goes unnoticed because so much of it is confidential. You have little victories and failures every day. I have accepted that I've done some things wrong, and I'd like to make sure everything is run much more efficiently next year.

• Advertisement

You're so handy to have around Rob!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement