Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education

Options
  • 26-01-2010 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello

Let me start this by saying if this is the wrong forum I apologize; however, the education boards seemed focused more on individual colleges rather than qualifications. :)

Basically, I am getting the feeling my job isn't as safe as my employers are making out to be, so want to start making alternate arrangements in case the worst comes in the next few months. Jobs are scarce, so I reckon I should make my own. :D

Anyway, I was going to try selling online, currently looking at a wide range of products and doing to math to see if they are viable, one of the things I was thinking is insurance.

So, if I wanted to sell insurance, on a non-advised basis (PPI, theft cover on electronics, products like that) what qualifications would I need? Google shows me all the lists of qualifications I would need for giving financial advise and selling insurance directly to consumers, but nothing for sales where I had no contact with customers. Currently, I am studying for my GEN2A and 2B from the Irish Insurance institute.

Also, what qualifications would a potential investor look favorably on, regardless of whether or not they are insurance related?

Thanks in advance. :)

PS - I am 22, if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Richardstorm

Dont really know the industry, but there are a lot of media coverage at the moment in uk. talks of stopping the commission for this type of non-advised insurance. They make twice as much commission compared to advised insurance.

Advertisement