Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Night In - Back to basics/ 29th January

• 26-01-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Right before we begin:

29th january event:
    Halo ODST: Firefight
    Time: 8pm
    Host: Slugs91

Now... Let's get down to business... This week, we'll discuss everything AGAIN, since people can't seem to make up their mind. So tell me what exactly you want from the event. Times, games, people, drinks, everything and anything, because I'm sick of turning up at 7.45 on fridays to find 2 people (Namely Spideog and Spookydon this week) are the only two joining party.

AND ALSO, WHETHER YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME FOR THAT NIGHT OR NOT, JOIN THE ****ING PARTY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Slugs wrote: »
    AND ALSO, WHETHER YOU'RE PLAYING THE GAME FOR THAT NIGHT OR NOT, JOIN THE ****ING PARTY!

Why? If I don't have ODST (and I don't), why should I take one of the 7 slots in your party when someone who actually has the game might want to join?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Because A those slots have YET to be filled in one night, and B ODST is 4 player, so even if we only get 1 team, people can join, chat, and socialize and whatnot =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll play ODST. 95% certain I will be in on friday night.

Still need to be added to that boards group though, right?

GT?

P1992

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

yeah, ill be around this friday night, and i have ODST.
    my Gt is Tutone 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i dont have odst, u will have to count me out of that one.

Slightly off topic, and not for this week obviously, but I was considering a potential format for a Left 4 Dead 1/2 night:

L4D2 - Beginners Co-op: 4 slots, Normal difficulty.

L4D2 - Regular Co-op: 4 slots, Advanced difficulty.

L4D2 - Experienced Co-op (no-noobs): 4 slots, Expert difficulty.

L4D2 - All-in Versus: 4v4,

So let people choose to play with boardsies of a similar level and enjoy the game at a pace they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

no ODST for me either Im afraid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'll probably be on to get myself beaten to a pulp by a couple of them ...erm.. what do you call them ones with the sheilds again... no not them the other things... oh, doesn't matter they killed me already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm not around tonight either unfortunately. My friend's got a rigor-mortis style grip on my copy of ODST anyway, so having trouble getting it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

Sorry guys, but i will have to pull out of tonight.

Going over to a mates to play halo3 (she doesnt like ODST) if anyone fancies a game of halo 3 tonight, feel free to add me and we can hook up for some Team slayer or tear it up in the warthogs in big team battle!

Tutone 9 - my GT

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'd be up for a bit of Halo3. I prefer the ODST firefight mode, but it's very limited as you cannot do matchmaking on it so the H3 multiplayer wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

sorry i cant make it tonight as im away for the weekend but count me in next friday,,

I do love that ODST fire fight its a right laugh and all..............

Right, due to no one showing up, and the general lack of numbers and such, this event is being suspended for two weeks, so that we can properly plan what's going to happen.

I'm still waiting for that invite, in fact I was on at 19:36 and there was still no sign of it.

Gamertag: P1992 (thats pee-one-nine-nine-two).

i might host something in the coming week, maybe GTA4, a fairly popular game. a few races in that with some boardsies would be class. or maybe horde GOW, another very popular game and would only need a few....

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i might host something in the coming week, maybe GTA4, a fairly popular game. a few races in that with some boardsies would be class. or maybe horde GOW, another very popular game and would only need a few....

Only have GTA on the PS3, count me in if you decide to go with GOW2 though, twas class the last time!

Yeah I have GTAIV on PS3 too. Friday nights probably aren't the best nights for people, or the best night to get a lot of people on at once in particular. A lot of people are probably out, and also Friday is the day new games are coming out so people would probably rather be playing them. I imagine most were playing Mass Effect 2 or MAG on Friday night, I wasn't home.

Thursday would be good for me, no going out and never anything on TV.

• Advertisement

yea i find that on my friend list, anything up to 15 will be online on a weekday night wheresas its usually around 5-7ish on a friday.

Ya but I mean, most boardsies aren't on on a saturday, I find anyway.

Slugs wrote: »
    Ya but I mean, most boardsies aren't on on a saturday, I find anyway.

Well yeah, if there was a worse day to pick than Friday I imagine Saturday would be it. They'd be the last two days I'd choose to try and host a regular weekly thing anyway. If people have plans for the week they're most likely going to be on either of those two days. I know during the week would suit me better anyway, but I'm not sure about everyone else. Maybe that should've been the first vote, to see what days suited people best?

I'm prob not on for a week or so anyway till we get our internet sorted out properly. Just trying to suggest ways to get the kind of numbers you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had 34 people online on my friends list on Monday, which is the highest I've seen for a while (and only 3 or 4 Mass Effect 2 players).

Friday evening it'd be 15 to 20 tops, less on Saturday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I'd also definitely say that weekdays is a much better time-slot. I'm always free mon-thu but generally busy on the weekends.

Gt : richiepunx

Well then I think it's in our best interestes to have it mid week. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you guys about it, my xbox is being shipped for repairs tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well I have no ideal night as life is too unpredictiable for me. So when ever we decide ill just try to make it.

Advertisement