Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop having 12am ME2 launch?

• 26-01-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm just curious, anyone know if any of the GS shops will be opening at 12am for the release of ME2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Doubt it. Plenty of copies to go around, midnight lauches for games and movies are retarded too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i went to 2 midnight launches before and they are not worth it. waiting outside for an hour or more, when you can easily get up the next day walk into the store and back out in 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

gamestop in limerick isnt anyway, i asked him today and he said no because its more of a ''cult'' following here ha

• Registered Users Posts: 22 4r(4ng3L

Doubt it. Plenty of copies to go around, midnight lauches for games and movies are retarded too.

Only retarded for people who aint bogged down with work friday through sunday, 12am start would allow a nice session pre-work... whether its advisable or not is another story.

4r(4ng3L wrote: »
    Only retarded for people who aint bogged down with work friday through sunday, 12am start would allow a nice session pre-work... whether its advisable or not is another story.

You've waited for x months or years while it was in development, why not just wait a few more days and go in at a decent hour? The game isn't going to get better or worse the longer the copy is on the shelves - that'd be my opinion on it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 4r(4ng3L

You've waited for x months or years while it was in development, why not just wait a few more days and go in at a decent hour? The game isn't going to get better or worse the longer the copy is on the shelves - that'd be my opinion on it :D

But my stress levels, they cant hold cap'n, i dont av d'powaaa.... maybe i'll just call in 'sick'

But my stress levels, they cant hold cap'n, i dont av d'powaaa.... maybe i'll just call in 'sick'

LOL! Meeeeeddddiiiiccccccc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mailrewop wrote: »
    i went to 2 midnight launches before and they are not worth it. waiting outside for an hour or more, when you can easily get up the next day walk into the store and back out in 5 minutes.

Depends where you go and get it front at midnight. For the release of GTA4, one of my friends went to GAME in Limerick where he had it pre-ordered, while the rest of us drove out to Tesco (Coonagh Roundabout), no pre-order, no pointless hanging around, not much of a queue either. Back at GAME before the other guy had gotten in the door.

I'd be amazed if anywhere did a midnight launch of ME2 though. They only have it for the ridiculously hyped franchise games (as far as I've seen) MW 2, Gears 2, Halo 3, GTA 4....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I'm just curious, anyone know if any of the GS shops will be opening at 12am for the release of ME2?

ha ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

gamestop in limerick isnt anyway, i asked him today and he said no because its more of a ''cult'' following here ha

CULT is right. I just read through this entire thread to find out that ME2 is and it was not mentioned, what is this `cult` game?

EDIT : actually after thinking about it for a while i think it might be mass effect 2, but then if I had to think about it...... I havent played the first game even though i have it over a year I hear its good.

• Advertisement

CULT is right. I just read through this entire thread to find out that ME2 is and it was not mentioned, what is this `cult` game?

EDIT : actually after thinking about it for a while i think it might be mass effect 2, but then if I had to think about it...... I havent played the first game even though i have it over a year I hear its good.

Yep, ME2 = Massive Effect 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Yep, ME2 = Massive Effect 2.

What?!? It's not the new MS OS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mandalore87

Just completed my second play-through of the first one so I could remember everything that happened and make all the choices I wanted.

Now I'm psyched as hell for Friday, can't wait! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im sure itll be a good game but I doubt a midnight opening makes much sense, the game just isnt big enough. Xtra-Vision are usually very good for putting the game on shelves the evening before if you're that desparate for the new game, and its better than midnight too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Do they have Battletoads? :P

Sarn wrote: »
    What?!? It's not the new MS OS?

:pac: FYI, IIRC the new MS OS is W7. AFAIK ME2 has no relation to MS. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Rooney10 wrote: »
    :pac: FYI, IIRC the new MS OS is W7. AFAIK ME2 has no relation to MS. :pac:

Will people have ME2 launch parties similar to the W7 launch parties MS was encouraging?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/24/video-windows-7-launch-party-parody-is-bleeping-genius/

Advertisement