Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband is in a shambles right now

• 26-01-2010 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

UPC Broadband seems to be running on reduced bandwidth right now and download speeds are very slow during any kind of busy hour 6PM to 1.am.

There seems to be routing problems too depending on what site you go to.

People say you can't rely on Speed Tests but I can rely on a result like this during the hours I just mentioned.

694742400.png

Magnet speed tests are higher which point to a routing problem on the UPC network also.
    UPC are telling people there is no problem or your the only one having a problem or the best one we need to adjust your power levels.

UPC are aware of the problem and are trying to stall.

Until they admit the problem firstly and then give us all some kind of idea when we might expect things to get better I would advise people not to go for UPC Broadband.

I have been very happy with UPC in the past and I would like to be happy again but until we get some kind of an answer I think people considering going for UPC should know the truth.

Edit that is an up to 30Mb connection.:rolleyes:

8yg8c9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭big_show

No problems on my end still getting my full 10 and Ive being downloading like a man that has a week left in his rapidshare premium account...>_> whats your area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

big_show wrote: »
    No problems on my end still getting my full 10 and Ive being downloading like a man that has a week left in his rapidshare premium account...>_> whats your area?

Dublin 24.

I notice you did not go for the so called upgrade I was fine before that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭big_show

Dublin 9 myself, did go for the 15 due to the "new" 12 month contract, which doesn't suit me, must get round to complaining about that and also about the 2 euro hike but guessing from threads that are popping up lately about UPC i'm sure they are kinda busy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

694776365.png

1.15 am this is getting worse by the day.

Moderators would there be any chance of making this tread a sticky like the Ice Broadband Thread so it does not go away until our problems with UPC Broadband go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Whoa, 1:15AM sitting in front of PC! Surely there are better things to be doing at that time of the night. :D

On a serious note, maybe they are just throttling your line as you might be high bandwidth user? I know all ISP's do this to their top users.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ranicand2 wrote: »
    Dublin 24.

I'm in Tallaght too. I opted into the 30M, unfortunately.

695089519.png

I should be getting approx. 25Mb/s, I was getting 18Mb/s upload speeds pre "upgrade".

I'll show my lack of speed later, as the day progresses.

All my tests are wireless, when wired the difference is negligible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

695098417.png

That's what I get on the 30mb in Dublin 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ranicand2 wrote: »
    Moderators would there be any chance of making this tread a sticky

No, and you've been told already to keep it to the one thread. There's no need to duplicate the same thing across multiple threads
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055764097

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement