If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Dear - Yet another Philips TV Review - 40PFL9704

Options
  • 26-01-2010 1:36am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

sorry it's actually getting a bit boring at this stage - here is the latest review of the new 40PFL9704 - Full array - active back-lit LED TV.

Be prepared to be V E R Y depressed...

http://whathifi.com/Review/Philips-40PFL9704/

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like a demo of this beaut!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Here we go again. John you are better than Paul McKenna.:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

Read the review and then come on into The Philips Shop.

Both the 40PFL9704H AND the 46PFL9704H are on display...........

Dont forget we are happy to take cash, cheques, Laser, Credit Cards and One4All vouchers.......we'll make it easy for you all:D

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Now if they'd only do the 21:9 with local LED dimming, we'd be laughing!

Pioneer who? I hear them cry!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

There's only one thing bad about putting yer mark down even if you did buy the What hifi TV of the year 2009 :rolleyes:

It's the fact that you can't justify (in the real world) upgrading again when it's superceeded :(

Come on €uromillions

Do you you what separates the men from the boys...
    it's the size of their shoe's and amount of their toys!

Hi all

Follks grab a copy of the latest What Hi-Fi? mag (March Issue)
    They have a Supertest amoungst 40/42" TV's and both the 42PFL9664H and 40PFL9704H get top marks - the 40PFL9704 comes out on top in the over £1000 bracket - taking the crown from the 42PFL9664H - still a 5 star TV by the way..

The Supertest isn't on their web site yet but the mag is in the newsagents....
    I wont spoil the review but I will mention the last sentance of their test - the 40PFL9704H is simply an exquisite example of TV manufacture....

Pretty good!

We have it on display in store if anyone would like a looksee at it in the flesh

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

So, what is the price now of the 40PFL9704

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xsjado

Have this Tv, got it before chrimbo and its well impressive. absolutely amazing, love it!!! :D

blu ray looks good AMAZING, wii looks good AMAZING, ps3 looks good AMAZING, FTA sat looks good AMAZING. net tv is well cool, all hooked up to denon 1910, dont want to go to work no more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xsjado

did i mention even the remote rocks, a heavy solid brushed aluminium cover to match the front of the TV, well sweet ;)

Hi Folks

The price to Boardies is €1799.99 thats after our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount has been deducted from our in store price of €1999.99

She's a beauty alright!

As its its bigger bro the 46PFL9704H

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Needs more cowbell.

• Advertisement

Hi Alastair

I've thinking about this for the last 30 odd minutes and its just gone over my head:(

Please explain!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Please explain!

Cheers
    Ash

This should explain everything:

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

alastair wrote: »

Alastair,

my god - I always liked you as a Customer until I saw this post & spent the last 5 mins 50 seconds watching that ( it was actually longer than that as I was watching the clip on a mobile dongle & it kept buffering :eek:) and You have also ruined The Blue Oyster Cult for me forever (and cowbells).

Ritz (mod) do you think we could get Alastair banned for bad taste / wasting time or should we just punish him by making him watch Lady Gaga on youtube for a day?? :p

Alastair - your prices have just gone up!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.