Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medication

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey guys,

just wondering what people do when they need to take medication backpacking?

I am doing the WHV later this year and I take regular medication.

It wouldn't be practical at all to bring a years worth, so I'm presuming I can get a prescription for what I need in Australia?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Ask your local pharmacy... I know mine actually posted them bi-monthly to a neighbour of mine who was working abroad for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

H2G2 wrote: »
    Ask your local pharmacy... I know mine actually posted them bi-monthly to a neighbour of mine who was working abroad for a year.

Also carry a script from your local GP in case you are stopped and asked to explain the medication.
    Also get you GP to check ,if they can, if the medication is called the same in Australia. In some cases they have different names and you may get a blank look from a GP here if you do need to get the medication here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

imodium is your friend in asia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

piriton and another antihistimine cream are no harm to have with you either if you intend to spend time outside the cities. the mozzies in some places can be very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

Thanks lads, good advice, appreciate ie :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement