Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i need help on wireless flash please

• 26-01-2010 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

hey just got a canon 430 ex ii was wondering how to use it off camera is there a trigger i can get dont have much money left thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Have a look on ebay for one of the Cactus trigger sets. They seem to be good value for money. You could keep an eye on adverts.ie. Some go for sale every now and again. For the 430EX you'll need a hot shoe to connect it to the receiver. You can get those from flashzebra.com.

For more info on wireless flash have a look at the ultimate resource strobist.com. You could also do a flickr group search for the word strobist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

The cactus trigger/receivers will be fine for the 430exii.

You'll get a set of PT-04's for around $20 on ebay (Hong Kong sellers), this will give you a trigger which fits onto your hotshoe and a receiver which fits onto the bottom of the flash. You won't have any TTL control so you'll need to use the manual mode on the flash and set the power yourself, it's trial & error after that to get the settings right. I've been using them for months & they're good, work every time for me. PM me if you need more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Head over to http://www.gadgetinfinity.com and order the Cactus v4 kit from there. Work perfectly with the 430EXII. Have had mine for a couple of months and love them. No TTL, but hey, for $30 you can't complain! Prompt delivery, orders in USD via PayPal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Does Canon have an equivalent of the Nikon Commander System? It allows multiple flash units to be set from the camera & retains full TTL function. You can vary each individual flash from the camera menu. This has been on Nikons for years now & normally there is an equivalent feature of the other brands soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

CabanSail wrote: »
    Does Canon have an equivalent of the Nikon Commander System? It allows multiple flash units to be set from the camera & retains full TTL function. You can vary each individual flash from the camera menu. This has been on Nikons for years now & normally there is an equivalent feature of the other brands soon after.

Only on the 7D, and that's only been out for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

thanks will look at ebay i never got anything from them before thanks peter if i need any info il get in touch im a newbie to flash its very confusing

Advertisement