Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help!!Booking Download tickets with a 3v card!!

Options
  • 26-01-2010 4:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭

Need help!!Desperately!

Myself and a few friends want to go to Download this year but seeing as we are all lacking the luxury of a credit card it's going to make things that little bit more interesting..we have considered the option of asking relatives or friends to use a credit card but the hassle of it just seems so deterring!(I had to do this last year and it was the most brain addling thing ever!!)

I do however have a 3v card and it could be a worthwhile option.However I don't like the idea of putting over €200 on the card and then finding out that I can't use it to book the tickets!:(
    So if anyone can shed some light on whether it's possible to use a 3v card to book Download tickets it would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Well you can get a 3V card for max €350 with a purchase fee of €5. So it probably wouldnt even cover two tickets, you'd have to know how much a ticket totals to in euros incl the handling charges etc. But if you dont work that out properly and the amount you have bought for doesnt cover it, you can buy an extra voucher and transfer the other say 200 onto it (once it still totals to 350) but theres a fee for the transfer of €2.50. It's outlined here: https://www.3v.ie/help.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

The Payzone money card is by the same crowd and it's a HUGE improvement over 3V imo. No need to change card numbers with every top up, like the 3V and you can top it up more too. It will work with anywhere that takes Mastercard because that's basically what it is. A prepaid mastercard.

http://www.payzonemoney.ie/

I used to use 3V but have moved onto this and it's great.

Advertisement