Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing cat, Wellpark

Options
  • 26-01-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi there,

Is gone since last saturday the 23rd.
    Medium sized black cat, 1 year old, with a white spot on the belly and another heart shaped white spot on the chest, he also has a scar on the front right leg forearm.
    He is very shy and can be very scared of people.
    Missing in the area of Wellpark shopping center, Sailin, Wellpark.
    Here is a picture: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2712/...64c57b6f_o.jpg

Thanks!

I posted this also on Lost/Found, please delete if it doesn't belong here, sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope he comes back.
    Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I hope so, but I also noticed some other stray cats in the area are gone as well.
    Not a single decent picture, I am still searching for one.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I work at GFSC so will keep an eye out, hope you find him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Any chinese restaurants in the area ?

Thanks TillyGirl and everybody.
    Now all the usual suspects are back, I mean the stray cats in the area, but they will say nothing about it and I am starting to suspect about my neighbour, we have had some issues during the last weeks about he making noises very late at night. However it's impossible to demonstrate.
    I trust the chinese restaurants in the area, come on, is not funny anymore.

Here is a picture:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2712/4305707701_3c64c57b6f_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

alibabba wrote: »
    Any chinese restaurants in the area ?

cop on and grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, "funny" jokes are not helping someone who's distraught after a pet runs off.

lucianot wrote: »
    I hope so, but I also noticed some other stray cats in the area are gone as well.
    Not a single decent picture, I am still searching for one.
    Thanks!

Sorry, no joke intended but after reading this post, it was the first thing that came to mind.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/1521707/Cat-activists-storm-Chinese-restaurant.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

cute moggie!

any chance he has just gone somewhere in the neighbourhood to hang out with other cats/houses or muscling in on other territory? Perhaps he was mistaken for a stray and they had all been taken away?

no harm in putting up a poster or something on the bus shelters around the area and the vets up by duggans. He looks well looked after so would be identified as being a family pet and may be taken in by someone (especially with the cold weather).

Hi there and thanks. We've been out searching yesterday and today for hours. Someone very nice called me from the Terryland area after seeing a very similar cat so out we went, but it's a huge place.
    I know a cat can be out for days but for this one is very unusual and he got scared when someone unknown visited us, my mistake for not taking proper care...If he ever returns I will plant a GPS up his arse :)
    It's incredible how attached you become to them, we just keep looking at his favourite corner.
    Definitely, I will start putting up posters.

• Advertisement

Still no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Saw a cat matching that description flattened to the road outside the new Centra in Wellpark this afternoon, looked fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

jenno86 wrote: »
    Saw a cat matching that description flattened to the road outside the new Centra in Wellpark this afternoon, looked fresh.

Oh dear,

I hope it's not the OP's cat. Poor little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Yahooaccount

I'll keep an eye out.

Odd, I've been there at 5:40pm today putting up some posters and I didn't see it.
    I will check now, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

I really hope that wasn't him! I'll be passing through wellpark area over next few days on foot so will keep an eye out for him.

Hope he turns up in the meantime though!

I went there up the Dublin Road and couldn't find anything, so we'll keep looking.

Thanks all for helping, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 r3nm0r3RASCAL

Sorry, no joke intended but after reading this post, it was the first thing that came to mind.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/1521707/Cat-activists-storm-Chinese-restaurant.html

you just happened to think of an article you read four years ago?

Yes! Is back! I called him again this morning and he showed up hungry and dirty as hell.
    Thanks everybody for the support!

lucianot wrote: »
    Yes! Is back! I called him again this morning and he showed up hungry and dirty as hell.
    Thanks everybody for the support!

Great news
    Now mind him

• Advertisement

you just happened to think of an article you read four years ago?

Ya it did !
    :rolleyes:

When i read in this thread a load of cats going missing , why wouldnt it !

Great news
    Now mind him

I mind him, he escaped the tight grip of human control once, but not twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Brilliant! Now watch the kitten population of Renmore increase in the next couple of months lol.

Sadly true . I will have him neutered as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Great news!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement